Job Vacancy Strategic Buyer Safaricom Kenya 2019
Career Employment Strategic Buyer Nairobi Kenya Feb 2019
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Masoko Department within the Enterprise Business Unit Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Vendor Operations – Enterprise Business Unit, the position holder will be in charge of projects that contribute to long-term success, supporting business growth & profitability and allowing the platform to increase diversity of its offerings.
- Deliver against key financial and service level performance indicators: Turnover, margin, stock cover, selection
- Negotiate product pricing, commissions and/or rebates on product sold
- Build a process to streamline commissions of vendors
- Build the inventory pipeline in correct product mix (assortment and depth)
- Inventory management
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers whilst seeking out new ones
- Continuously assess industry and market trends locally and internationally
- Plan and execute joint marketing activities with suppliers and vendors
- Work closely with Category Managers and Commercial & marketing teams to ensure strategic alignment
- Work closely with Customer Service to resolve inventory related queries
- Develop RTV processes for inventory held
- Ensuring records are maintained accurately and vendor catalogues are updated regularly.
- 5+ years in buying, account management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- 2+ years negotiation experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; leverage data and metrics to develop assumptions and support conclusions
- Proficiency with Excel and basic financial modeling.
How to Apply