Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Head of Commercial
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey!
Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants, and have them delivered straight to their home / office.
What’s this job all about?
- Drive overall top line and profitability development through sales and marketing campaigns to increase customer base
Analytically driven in marketing and be able to make customer acquisition decisions based on data
Managing contract negotiations with key partners and restaurants to drive sales and order volumes
Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
Building, managing, and coaching the key account management and sales team
Possess strong relationship building skills and execute smart partnerships as well as oversee negotiation to execution
Always protecting and improving the customer and seller experience
Organizing key commercial events for Jumia Food
Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being deeply involved in all our Tech developments
Coordinate your commercial team with the other services (Marketing, Partnerships and Sales)
Manage the team efficiency and cohesion
Work with other functional heads to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
Drive relevant and value creating strategic partnerships and alliances for each of the Jumia Food service lines as well as restaurant partners.
Scale Jumia Food and relevant business lines to other cities
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Min 4+ years of experience across managing commercial teams or large projects, business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development, running your own business.
- Effective project management – experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Strong entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills
- Strong management & leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and networking skills
- Strong leadership and ability to work across functions of the business
- Drive expansion of the business across cities in Kenya
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships to grow the top line of the business
- Impeccable communication skills
- Ability to negotiate in flawless English
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Capacity to challenge and improve processes
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- A passion for Jumia Food and the Ecommerce industry
Advanced degree preferred but not required. Additional languages is a bonus
A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),