Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Web Hosting Technical Support Specialist
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
The Hosting and Technical Support Specialist will be primarily responsible for maintenance, support and deployment of customer facing hosting solutions.
We are looking for someone who is proficient with the cPanel, Linux troubleshooting, email security, has a good understanding of CMS, basic understanding of Linux servers and online security.
They will facilitate troubleshooting and resolution of technical functions in a web hosting environment, and handle changes required such as forgotten passwords, viruses, spamming and email issues.
Under the supervision of the Technical Support Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Web Hosting and Technical Support Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and troubleshooting a variety of technical and non-technical issues customers are having with their web hosting plans and services.
- Providing support for customer hosting specific issues including debugging customer sites to aid in problem resolution as well as customer initial setup of sites.
- Ensuring servers are kept up to date and free of potential exploits, proficiency in online/email security.
- Setup and deployment of new hosting servers.
- Maintaining a highly available environment to minimize interruption to customers as well as manage and ensure the highest level of service for our clients through monitoring of day-to-day technical support work activities.
- Performing DNS transfers and setup on behalf of customers as well as troubleshooting DNS issues.
- Ensuring customer data is protected.
- Monitoring the health of the entire hosting environment.
- Working with customers/employees to identify problems such as forgotten passwords, viruses, spamming, email issues, hacking and advising on the solutions of service and customer facing these issues.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends in the industry and advise the team accordingly.
Desired Skills & Experience
Proficient using cPanel, FTP, domain and email management and other hosting related tasks
In depth knowledge of both Linux and Windows operating systems
Core Competency Requirements
Excellent understanding and working knowledge of DNS, SMTP, IMAP, POP, and HTML
Ability to write and debug PHP, CMS (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal etc.), frameworks (such as Codeigniter, Laravel) and MySQL
Working knowledge of MySQL Server
Ability to maintain and implement a backup/disaster plan within a hosting environment
Expert knowledge of networking using both IPv4 and IPv6
Required education: Vocational school
Required relevant work experience: 18 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)