Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Branch Operations Manager – Machakos
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Acacia Innovations Ltd. is a fast-growing startup which provides environmentally friendly and cost-saving cooking and fuel solutions for schools and small businesses. We manufacture and distribute Kuni Safi briquettes, a nearly smokeless alternative to firewood made from sugarcane waste, as well as institutional energy saving cookstoves.
We are the largest supplier of clean cooking fuels to schools in Kenya, with 280+ customers. We are internationally recognized as a Winner of the Start-Up Energy Transition Award sponsored by the German Government and as a recipient of Energy and Environment Project grant from the Nordic Development Fund.
We are seeking a highly organized, motivated, and entrepreneurial Branch Operations Manager to set up and oversee a new branch office in Machakos Town. They will be in charge of all elements of transportation logistics, inventory management, procurement, and office administration for Machakos county, reporting to the head office in Nairobi. The right candidate will be excited to grow a new branch office from scratch and develop new logistics and procurement networks for Acacia Innovations. They should be comfortable both operating at a high-level and rolling up their sleeves to get their hands dirty with whatever is needed to ensure successful deliveries to customers and structured branch office operations.
1. Transportation and Logistics Coordination
- Identify and build out a network of transport providers for a range of delivery sizes, including lorries, pick-ups, tuk tuks, and motorbikes.
- Take responsibility for fulfilling orders to customers within the area, with quantities ranging from 50-28,000 kgs, including communicating with the company’s transport personnel and finding and negotiating with additional 3rd party vehicles.
- Make weekly and daily deliveries plans to fulfill all orders to clients and problem-solve as necessary to ensure all clients receive their deliveries within 1-7 days.
- Communicate estimated time of delivery to customer contacts and confirm the delivery logistics with the customer the day-of, with the aim of creating an excellent customer experience.
- Order lorries to bring in new stock from the factory to ensure available supply for all orders.
2. Inventory Management
- Work with the sales team on demand planning and monitor stock levels in the area warehouse for timely re-supply.
- Keep detailed records of all incoming and outgoing stock in the local office; perform monthly stock count and identify the cause of any discrepancies
- Manage a float of office petty cash; record expenses and supporting documentation according to company procedures.
- Contact potential suppliers of necessary marketing and office materials according to company policies; negotiate pricing on the company’s behalf.
- Recommend suppliers to the accounting department in Nairobi for approval and purchase.
4. Office Administration
- Generate and send transaction documents for area sales including invoices, delivery notes, tax invoices ETR receipts, and payment vouchers.
- Maintain correct and up-to-date information on area customers, orders and deliveries in our Customer Management System; perform customer data inquiries as requested by staff.
- Organize and file office paperwork; keep a cleanly, well-organized and inviting office and store environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in operations, procurement, or logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Highly organized and self-disciplined
- Firm yet relationship-building
- Customer-service oriented
- Experienced in Excel, Word, and Google Docs
- Familiar with Machakos county and locations of schools and businesses
- Excited about the opportunity to grow a company
- Able to work independently with remote supervision
- Pride in personal integrity and highly trustworthy
- Fluent in English and Swahili; ability to speak Kikamba preferred but not required
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),