Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Sales Manager- Machakos
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Acacia Innovations Ltd. is a fast-growing startup which provides environmentally friendly and cost-saving cooking and fuel solutions for schools and small businesses. We manufacture and distribute Kuni Safi briquettes, a nearly smokeless alternative to firewood made from sugarcane waste, as well as institutional energy saving cookstoves.
We are the largest supplier of clean cooking fuels to schools in Kenya, with 280+ customers. We are internationally recognized as a Winner of the Start-Up Energy Transition Award sponsored by the German Government and as a recipient of Energy and Environment Project grant from the Nordic Development Fund.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, highly trustworthy and hardworking Sales Manager to set up a new branch office in Machakos Town. This will be our first employee in Machakos county, as the rest of our sales team is based in Nairobi. The right candidate will be excited to grow a new branch office from scratch, develop a new market for Acacia Innovations, and to bring their impressive sales experience to a new team. They will supervise 3-5 sales representatives as a starting team and work closely with the Sales Director,who is based in Nairobi.
1. Assist in Setting Up New Branch Office (month one)
- During the first month, work remotely while identifying an office & store location in Machakos.
- Recruit and hire first sales team in Machakos, with support from the Sales Director.
- Train in new salespeople on the product, company policies, and procedures.
2. Supervise and Motivate Sales Representatives
- Take responsibility for the salespeople in your area meeting the company’s sales volume and revenue targets.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of sales team members, including approving journey plans, reviewing daily check-ins and check-outs, and collecting daily and weekly visit reports.
- Accompany sales representatives on the ground to help them close sales and maintain positive customer relationships, while coaching the sales representatives to improve their performance.
- Problem-solve on objections raised by potential customers and complaints from existing customers.
- Conduct continuing trainings and coach salespeople to grow their abilities.
3. Direct Sales to NGOs, school feeding programs & large hotels
- Individually close sales with special channels including feeding programs and other NGOs which purchase firewood on behalf of multiple schools and large tier-one hotels in your territory; meet aggressive personal sales targets as agreed on quarterly with the Company.
- Abide by and represent all Company policies and procedures and represent such policies and procedures accurately to customers.
4. Take Responsibility for Payments Collection
- Manage timely customer payments to align to the company’s monthly collection targets.
- Intervene personally to collect payments in the case of overdue debt.
5. Analyze Sales Data & Report on Area’s Performance
- Regularly monitor and analyze KPIs and sales data for your area, including number of visits and demos conducted, and orders closed.
- Collect weekly reports from all sales team members and follow up as necessary to collect missing reports.
- Compile area weekly and monthly sales reports for review by the Sales Director & CEO.
6. Lead the Company’s Presence in Relevant Marketing Events
- Organize the company’s participation in exhibitions and customer conferences in your area.
- Represent the company along with selected salespeople at strategic events, meetings, and forums.
- 5-7+ years’ experience managing field-based B2B sales
- Quantifiable and proven experience aggressively growing sales
- Impressive, confident, and persuasive when interacting with high-level decision makers (school principals, business owners, etc.)
- Exceptional relationship builder
- Outstanding coach and motivator
- Familiar with Machakos county and locations of schools and businesses
- Experienced in Excel, Word, and Google Docs
- Excited about the opportunity to grow a company
- Able to work independently with remote supervision
- Pride in personal integrity and highly trustworthy
- Fluent in English and Swahili; ability to speak Kikamba preferred but not required
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),