Junior Accountant Job Vacancy in Kenya 2019
Career vacancy Junior Accountant Nairobi Kenya Jan 2019
Our Client is currently recruiting a Junior Accountant
The Account Assistant offers support to the Accounts receivable, stocks, Accounts payable and accounting & tax preparation function. This is a support role which extends in all areas of accounting function and playing a key role in ensuring seamless offer of accounting services to other company functions.
- AR and Collections
- Pursuing customer payments
- Receiving cheques and receipting customer accounts
- Customer accounts reconciliation and preparation of customer statements
- Verification and posting of input Withholding VAT
- Computing the weight of invoiced product for transport billing
- Dispatch reconciliations
- Assisting in preparing of daily and weekly collection reports
- Confirming the stocks received (Includes packaging materials and raw materials)
- Verification of customer returns and returned invoices
- Monitoring the posting of stocks on daily basis and doing stock check through spot checks(Weekly) and stock take(Monthly/yearly)
- Stock (Packaging, raw materials and finished goods) movement and utilization reconciliation
- Organizing and supervising of monthly and yearend stock takes and posting of the stock take figures.
- Preparing, costing and posting of destruction certificates.
- AP and purchases
- Assist payable accountant on
- Petty cash administration and supplier reconciliation
- Following up with suppliers on the status of the PO and delivery dates
- Assist in preparing of withholding input VAT
- Assist in posting of supplier invoices
- Accounting support
- Assisting in Bank reconciliations
- Preparation for filling of VAT, withholding VAT, Standard Levy and withholding tax
- Any other duty as may be assigned to by the management from time to time
- Minimum CPA section 6
- Minimum two-years’ experience in a busy office
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Working Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software Proficiency in English and in MS Office.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com