- Plan and supervises the inspection and surveillance activities for a team of Inspectors.
- Review Inspection reports during certification process, surveillance reports, as well as other evaluations and tests conducted by Inspectors.
- Train and coach inspectors and trainee inspectors.
- Perform inspections, audit and continuous surveillance and follows-up on corrective actions.
- Examine current and new international and foreign Airworthiness standards related to continuing Airworthiness and determination of the need for adoption.
- Confer at National and international levels on matters relating to the regulation of Airworthiness.
- Perform continuous, planned and random surveillance of aircrafts, including ramp inspections and prepares task report for approval.
- Participate in combined air operator inspections with Flight Operations Inspectors for the purpose of issue/renewal of AOC and random surveillance inspections.
- Evaluate aircraft maintenance organizations for approval purposes and perform continuous surveillance of such organizations.
- Evaluate for approval purposes, aircraft airframe and power plant modifications.
- Assess and evaluate technical documents of the industry for the purpose of approval and conduct audits as appropriate.
- A holder of a diploma in aeronautical or mechanical engineering.
- Aircraft maintenance engineers licenses in Category A (Airframe) and C (Power plant).
- At least two type courses or two type ratings in category A and C on Light aircraft.
- A degree in aeronautical or mechanical engineering will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an aircraft maintenance engineer.
- Ability to identify non-compliance issues and unsafe practices and to advise operators on remedial actions.
- Ability to coach for high performance.
- Knowledge of the inspection process, with an ability to diagnose issues and propose improvements in the process.
- Supervisory and coaching skills.
- Proficiency in office suite and desktop publishing tools.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application letter quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with day time telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the address below and to be received not later than 31st June 2014.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100