KCB Group Applications Architect Job in Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: KCB Group Applications Architect Job in Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
KCB Group Limited
The Applications Architect is responsible for developing IT Solution blueprints (software, versioning & licensing, integrations, scalability, management requirements and standards) and related documentation for IT Systems in use by or to be procured by the Bank in line with Bank policy, architecture best practices, standards and methods.
The holder of the role will demonstrate proficiency in Applications Solutions Architecture through the design of business solutions, service-oriented solutions and related infrastructure.
- Build a bridge between business requirements and technical specifications by understanding business requirements and use cases, and then finding ways to implement those use cases in the business applications / solutions. Identify the requirements that affect the structure and operational behaviors of the application.
- Adopt approaches and methodologies that demonstrate reduction in the business risks associated with building of technical solutions.
- Develop flexible designs able to handle the natural drift that occur over time in hardware and software technology, as well as in user scenarios and traffic volumes.
- Identify the non-functional requirements for the solution and provide an architecture that best accommodates them.
- Identify the kind of technologies, standards, licenses, capacity sizing and limitations/constraints for the application, considering the impact of other related/competing developments.
- Create and Review Technical Architecture Documents for system changes and new systems and solutions.
- Having understood the banks environment, provide and recommend Design Patterns and guide their application / use in delivering integration solutions in the bank.
- Participate and guide on the non-functional tests planning and execution i.e. performance / load tests, security tests and high availability and fail over testing.
- Document solutions, enabler features and architecture using standard architecture and software engineering artifacts.
- Work with internal and external teams to define and maintain quality standards, coding standards and implements measures to ensure compliance through code reviews, automation, etc.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study.
- Professional qualifications such as TOGAF, ITIL Foundation.
- Project Management; PRINCE II is added advantage.
- 7 years progressive experience in Information Technology.
- 5 years’ experience in at least two IT disciplines such as enterprise architecture, application architecture, application development, middleware and SOA in a multi-tier environment.
- Prior working experience in a leading formal application architecture framework.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments spanning at least 5 years.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Operating systems (Windows, Unix).
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Network Services, protocols and Internetworking Technology.
- Knowledge of Messaging and Collaboration tolls and technologies.
- Familiarity with graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 27th November 2019.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old).
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts.
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable.