KPLC General Manager (Customer Service and Regional Coordination) Job in Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: KPLC General Manager (Customer Service and Regional Coordination) Job in Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Our client, The Kenya Power and Lighting Company Plc is a well-established and recognized leader in electricity distribution and retail in the region.
KPLC is established as a limited liability company under the Companies Act, Cap 486, Laws of Kenya.
The Company’s key mandate is to purchase bulk electricity supply, distribute and retail electricity to end-user customers throughout Kenya.
KPLC is at the forefront of spearheading accomplishment of Vision 2030.
Kenya Power is seeking to recruit a results driven and highly motivated individual to fill the following exciting and challenging position;
General Manager, Customer Service and Regional Coordination
Reporting to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies on effective customer service, revenue collection and brand reputation.
This role is also responsible for coordinating regional operations and ensure achievement of regional performance targets.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the regional operations;
- Ensure that company policies, programs, administrative & management guidelines are implemented in the Regions in a manner consistent with the company’s overall goals;
- Formulate and implement strategies to ensure best customer care practices;
- Develop strategies for revenue growth and commercial loss reduction;
- Promote company products for business improvement and customer delight;
- Drive customer creation initiatives to improve profitability;
- Conduct studies on emerging business trends and making recommendations for adoption;
- Promote energy management initiatives among customers and the general public;
- Implement technological innovations to improve business processes and to meet customer changing needs; and
- Promote the Kenya Power brand for improved corporate reputation.
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities and Arts, Business, Finance, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering, or related field from a recognised university with not less than 12 years relevant work experience with 5 years in senior management; be a member of a relevant professional body with a valid practicing certificate and be of good standing.
A master’s degree in a relevant field and a Certification in Corporate Governance and /or Leadership from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
These appointments are on contractual terms for a period of four (4) years and renewable for further four (4) year term (s) based on performance and business requirements.
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than Tuesday, 12 November 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
The Kenya Power and Lighting Company Plc is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more details on Kenya Power, please log on to https://www.kplc.co.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte Consulting Limited