Our client, a leading online travel company in Africa is urgently seeking to recruit Control Officer to join their team.
Control Officer Job Responsibilities
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function of the company
- Work closely with our front-line sales staff at the point of sale by taking into account all transactions ensuring they have been recorded and updated into the system and handing over reports to the accountant
- Take into account all credit purchases by ensuring that invoices are done and submitted to clients so as to begin follow-ups for payment.
- Work closely with the Admin and Accounts in submission of reports to enable preparation of financial reports for decision making.
- Prepare respective statements on purchases, as requested by our customers
- Formulating and reviewing finance and accounting procedures and policies.
- Ensuring effective management and utilization of resources and assets.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial accounts in line with approved Budgets.
- Timely preparation and presentation of financial statements to the CEO and the Board
- Maintenance of accurate records and management of budgets and budgetary controls.
- Maintaining day-to-day, internal controls of accounting systems.
- Developing and implementing strategies relating to overall financial management of the organization.
- Managing, mentoring, coaching and developing staff in the Division.
- Providing prudent and accurate financial advice to the Management and Board.
- Performing any other duties as reasonably requested
Qualifications for the Control Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Proven working experience of at least 3 years in a similar role.
- Accounting skills will be an added advantage since the role will entail the use of an accounting package
- Ability to work as a team player with others.
- A demonstrated knowledge of basic internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all-time
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ indicating the job title “CONTROL OFFICER” on the subject line by 17th January 2017.