Logistics Officer (Dadaab) at Terre des hommes (Tdh) 2020
Career Kenya: Logistics Officer (Dadaab) at Terre des hommes (Tdh) 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Working time in % : 100%
- (Hierarchically): Field Coordinator, Dadaab
- (Functionally): Logistics Manager
Number of subordinates: 4 Drivers
Context: Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
General description of the position: With the support and under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Logistics Officer takes lead in implementing a holistic supply chain system, procurement planning, budgeting (and start-up planning for projects), capacity building for for staff on areas of supply chain / procurement for various donors.
She/he Collaborates with other departments for the daily logistics support and follow up of logistics activities to support Tdh offices & programmes in Dadaab.
He or she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
Terre des hommes expects that its employees’ professional conduct reflects proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions.
He or she assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization. Tdh intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion or financial profit.
The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Role responsibility: The Logistic Officer adhere and respect Tdh logistic standard and policy in line with donor guidelines in all aspect of purchase policies and procedures, quality control and the delivery of the purchases to destination.
The Logistics Officer providing support to programme activities through:
- the provision of needed supplies (small orders),
- Manage fleet whenever requested in line with clear movement plans.
- Asset and Stock management with the correct tools
- Ensure logistic accountability and transparency
Movement and Accommodation
The Logistic Officer is responsible to organize all relevant transportation (road, air) for any Tdh staffs at Dadaab level: International and national staffs, consultants, partners, official members.
This is including:
- On a weekly basis, to receive and compile from departmental heads and Security Focal Point, the weekly movements plans for Dadaab. This is including both movement plans between bases and internal movement within Dadaab
- With approval from Country Representative and Field Coordinator, consolidate and disseminate validated movement plans to the bases and share with e Logistic Manger in Nairobi .
- In collaboration with the Driver, to organize for any road transport to and from Dadaab
- Ensure arrangements for security for any movement in Dadaab and to Garissa
- With support from the Logistic Officer Nairobi, make booking reservation for hotel / accommodation for all Tdh staffs visiting Dadaab (international and nationals’ staffs, consultants, partners).
- To receive requests from different departments and facilitate moving of any cargo or parcel shipment to the Nairobi Office. To prepare and archive the adequate documentations (waybill, packing list).
- Ensure proper documentation of the PSRs raised in Dadaab,proper numbering ,and items descriptions is done.( You will be in charge of issuing PSRs numbers.)
- In liaison with the Procurement Officer in Nairobi, regularly update the procurement follow up tracker within Dadaab to facilitate result-based management.
- Archiving of the purchase file once completed for local purchases.
- To follow up and support the Supply Officer Nairobi for the programme activities in Dadaab implemented purchases.(Following up quotations and orders with the local suppliers)
- Ensuring that all documentation relating to the voucher progammes is submitted to Nairobi in a coherent manner and counter checked for any errors.
- Ensuring that quality of all the items deliverd by the field based suppliers is of acceptable quality
- Ensuring that for the CASH based voucher programmes that the items collected from the selected suppliers by the beneficiaries are in tandem with the framework agreements eg pricing and commodity packaging and that the invoices are clearly filled in and submitted to Nairobi in a timely manner.
Stock management per Tdh procedures
- Put in place and update/use all relevant tools (stock cards, stock list, delivery notes, etc)
- Organize the stock with a proper segregation of stored goods by donor/program
- Do regular inventories (monthly) for the different items stored in Nairobi
- Prepare monthly stock reports and send it timely manner to Logistic Officer.
- Reception of the items and checking of the quality & quantity as per the purchase orders
- Preparation Release Order Form (ROF) for items going out of the stock
- Ensure that all items are stored in good condition and that any missing or damaged goods are reported immediately to the line manager
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the storage facilities
- Personnal equipment and Equipment allocation sheets for each Tdh Staff are filled and archived
- Tagging ofall assets in the location.
- Report any asset malfunction to the Logistic Officer Nairobi
- Regular assets inventories (twice a year) in collaboration with the Logistics Officer Nairobi.
- With support and guidance from the Nairobi Logistic Officer, the Dadaab Logistics Officer compiles the monthy fuel follow-up matrix for Dadaab vehicles And that should comprise of the monthy reports submitted to the logistics officer in Nairobi.
- Assets tracking- Responsible for updating the Logistics Officer Nairobi whenever and assets are re-allocated to different users.
- Ensure that the drivers fill in the log sheets for both fuel and movement in a coherent manner.
- Ensure controls for the refuelling of the vehicles as per the laid out procedures.
- Ensure that the vehicle service follow up form is filled and submitted with the other reports at the end of every month.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Logistics Manager and/or Country Representative and that are compatible with the job.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- 3 years experience within the Log department in an INGO
- Miminum of a Degree in Logistics Management
- Diploma in stores management and stock control is an asset.
- Relevant experience in Asset, and fleet Management and stock control
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and internet).
- Ability to develop official reports in English.
- Ability to be flexible and to work Independently
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills for team management and TDH representation.
- Understanding, interest and commitment to Humanitarian activities.
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Ability to communicate in Somali is a plus
Other: Knowledge of the Dadaab context is an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Locals and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for the application of this position is 11 December 2020.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer