Manager Consumer Products Job Vacancy Safaricom Kenya 2019
Career Employment Consumer Products Manager Nairobi Kenya Feb 2019
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Consumer Products and Services Department within the Consumer Business Unit Division.
Reporting to the HOD – Consumer Products and Services, the role holder will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the assigned Consumer Products and Services by; defining the overall strategy, designing and developing insightful segment-led propositions and crafting the marketing strategy to drive product adoption and usage in conjunction with other stakeholders.
They will also manage the assigned products life cycle and general commercial aspects to ensure continuous product performance on profitability, NPS and brand fit.
- Develop, Manage and Deliver propositions for assigned product/portfolio.
- Partner management for all Products and services.
- Deliver P&L for assigned product/portfolio.
- Develop and own the assigned Products innovation funnel and New Product Introductions Roadmap.
- Responsible for ranking and prioritizing different requirements, approve final release plan and accept all deliverables against set acceptance criteria.
- Drive the Digital Transformation agenda and design thinking across the consumer product teams.
- Develop and execute strategies to capture value from existing products through effective growth stimulation and new products adoption.
- Develop product master plans, adoption plans and revenue plans and execute to realize set targets.
- Perform needs analysis at prospective customers and market segments as well as employ business analytics insights to identify opportunities and create winning propositions that deliver to the product portfolio objectives of revenue, retention, innovation and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Manage the full products lifecycle for the assigned product/portfolio including products rationalization and performance reviews that lead to enhancements of existing products and retirement/replacement of products that are neither profitable nor delivering retention and brand equity values to the business unit.
- Ensure transfer and sustenance of products knowledge among the relevant support teams before launch and thereafter during the product lifecycle.
- Initiate and coordinate the launch of new products and services with the segments and marketing team and ensure successful go-to-market and market activation of products and services.
- Ensure all products information is properly documented and in format suitable for the different stakeholders.
- Lead the consumer products and services team in creating and sustaining a cultural environment shaped by the Safaricom way of leadership;
- Lead and manage the team assigned, ensuring the team has clear priorities, direction and remain motivated by providing inspirational leadership through regular coaching and
- Increase the employee engagement index for the consumer products and services team in line with agreed targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or Commercial discipline from a recognized university
- Experience of 5 years in a high result oriented organization with at least two in a commercial setting driving growth through products and innovation or product brand management.
- Experience in use of Analytics and AB/multivariate testing and other methodologies to drive data driven decision making
- Understanding of GSM and related Telecom Technologies and Platforms
- Flexible with planning and work estimation, managing and empowering related team(s), able to continuously balance between the customer and commercial needs
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to minimize overhead tasks with the tea and manage interdependence with other teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills and high level of initiative and self-drive with the ability to foster an inclusive culture
How to Apply