Vacant Position: Plastic Blow Moulding Engineer
Job Ref: EHC/1082/18
The Role: To develop manufacturing methods and processes within the company’s injection moulding department. This role collaborates with shift supervisors, technicians and engineers to analyze production steps and establish sequence of operations that allow the most efficient, effective method of manufacture.
In addition, the Process Engineer will establish production standards, performs cost control initiatives and analyze and correct daily process related issues.
- Support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental and ergonomics efforts.
- Provide technical leadership with hands on approach to manufacturing process.
- Optimize machine processes to meet Safety, Productivity and throughput goals.
- Troubleshoot and solve plastic process problems.
- Analyze process failures for root cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Work with engineering on new project start-ups with transition into production.
- Create standard work instructions.
- Establish and maintain a documented standard process program using process studies as well as the management of deviations from the standard process.
- Collaborate directly with Materials Manager to meet and improve upon alternative materials usage on a daily basis.
- Recommend changes to the product or process setup to increase productivity and improve product quality.
- Work closely with the plant tooling manager and maintenance manager on machine and mold repairs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder in mechanical engineering – production option.
- B.Sc in Plastics Engineering (or equivalent experience) and approximately five years related experience; or advanced degree in appropriate technical discipline and approximately four years related experience.
- Minimum experience of 4 years in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred age bracket 35 – 45 years
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
- Background in implementing continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing setting.
- Formal Process training, preferably RJG or comparable (decoupled molding).
To apply for this position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th April, 2018 quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted