Mary’s Meals Learning & Development Officer Job in Lodwar, Turkana County 2021
Career Kenya: Mary’s Meals Learning & Development Officer Job in Lodwar, Turkana County 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT RE-ADVERTISEMENT
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education.
We continue to change the lives of over 1.6 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post.
Learning & Development Officer – Turkana County, Lodwar
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Learning and Development (L & D) Officer to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana county.
Reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, the Learning and Development Officer will play a key role to support the HR & Administration Manager in driving the organization’s L & D strategy across Mary’s Meals as it strives to become a learning organization.
He/she will be responsible for identifying gaps in employee knowledge and training needs and using this information to source and coordinate relevant training courses and monitor the employee’s progression throughout in order to build the capability of Mary’s Meals Kenya.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Learning and Development
- Support the HR & Administration Manager to operationalize the MMK L&D strategy.
- Support the HR & Administration Manager to identify training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, PDR’s and regular consultation with the line managers.
- Research and design training programs including sourcing relevant materials and or external providers as necessary.
- In conjunction with the HR & Administration Manager and the MMI Head of L&D–implement training and development solutions designed to drive high performance.
- Work with the HR & Administration Manager to ensure all L&D policies, procedures and processes are up to date.
- Organize and coordinate both inhouse and offsite staff training and development programs to meet identified development needs.
- Work in conjunction with the HR & Administration Manager and the MMI Head of L&D to ensure seamless delivery of L&D.
- Work closely with the HR & Administration Manager and HR & Administration Officer to enhance the pipeline of future talent.
- Assess the success of employee’s development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Assist and coach line managers in solving specific training problems for staff up to supervisory level in partnership with the HR & Administration Officer.
- Support the HR & Administration Officer to ensure a fit for purpose induction program.
- Manage the annual training calendar.
- Deliver high quality training within agreed budget.
- Liaise with outsourced training providers to manage delivery of training courses
- Provide administration support around attendance at training courses.
- Effectively manage the central booking and facilities arrangements of all learning
- Coordinate the production of training materials for in-house courses.
- Maintain training records for all MMK staff.
- Maintain training attendance records and staff feedback for all MMK run training.
Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all training courses are evaluated using agreed measures.
- Utilise information from the evaluation process to identify areas for improvement.
- Monitoring training programme and advising management on the relevancy.
- Develop and monitor service level agreements with external and internal training resources.
- Provide reports on key L&D metrics to the Head of L&D & HR & Administration
- Manager according to agreed schedules.
- Undertake project work as directed by the Head of L&D
- Keep up to date in the latest learning and development trend
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who will embody Mary’s Meals values of:
- Having confidence in the innate goodness of people
- Respecting the dignity of every human being and family life
- Good stewardship of resources entrusted to us.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or any other relevant discipline related to Learning and Development
- Must be a member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- At least 3 years work experience in a learning and development role
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of effective L&D methods
- Proven experience in delivering training
- Proven experience in developing L&D policies, practices and systems
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of online web-based learning and Development
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Experience of delivering training in a not for profit and/or a global organisation
- Previous experience working in Arid and Semi-Arid Land (ASAL)
- Demonstrable experience or qualification in Coaching and Mentoring
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, 15th March 2021 at 16:30 hours.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address.
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.