Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above vacancy.
General Description of the Role
Logistic officer will be based in Nairobi and he/she will be in charge of providing logistic support to the staff based in Somalia and Kenya. He/she will be answerable to the Logistics Coordinator.
- Keeping and updating all logistics filing systems
- Booking MDM cargo as requested on ECHO and UNHAS flights
- Dealing with Kenya Customs for importation and exportation of goods
- Ordering items in time after approval of the logistics coordinator
- Supporting and supplying field projects according to their request and in time
- Keeping stock cards updated and making sure the real stocks correspond to the stock records
- Keeping the purchase order overview updated with the items that were sent to the field : the purchase order overview should also be sent to the field
- Keeping an updated inventory list and ID cards of all MDM permanent properties including field locations
- Responsible for the maintenance of the MDM cars, logbooks and the supervision of the drivers
- Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment in the whole office
- Responsible for the logistical accommodations
- Organizing accommodation and transport for MDM staff and goods
- Responsible of the MDM (guest)houses cleanliness and maintenance
- At least two years experience in a similar position in a nongovernmental organization
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- Excellent understanding of spreadsheets and databases and good general computer skills
- Ability to work in an international team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of Somalia an asset
- Proactive with capacity to take initiatives to respond to changing requirements
- Organisational skills, rigor and attention to details
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Good writing and communication skills
If you believe you are the ideal candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is January 1st 2012.
MDM is an equal employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Short listed applicants will be contacted.