Nov 2017 ICRC Technical Helper Recent Job in Kenya
Nov 2017 ICRC Technical Helper Latest Job in Kenya
Employment Opportunity: Technical Helper
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Helper.
- Assemble, install, and maintain electricity sockets for the ICRC offices and residences.
- Repair/replace wiring and lights, switches, outlets, plugs, cables, appliances and lighting systems and report unsafe electrical conditions.
- Maintain suitable and sufficient spare parts and follow-up established preventive maintenance repairs.
- Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks.
- Performs scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems in the offices.
- Inspect and perform minor repairs for equipment (boilers, water tanks etc.)and maintain plumbing and heating systems.
- Assist in keeping inventory of assets.
- Arrange and coordinate garbage collection from the offices on weekly basis.
- Coordinate the collection of recyclable items from offices.
- Provide physical support to the Regional maintenance team upon request.
- Holder of a Technician qualification in plumbing, carpentry, or Diploma in electrical installation or relevant experience;
- At least 2 years experience in a similar function;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Good Computer Skills (Word, Excel);
- Valid driving license will be an asset;
- Good communication skills, meticulous, analytical skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team, high sense of integrity, organisational skills.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 08thi December 2017.
Please include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.International Committee of the Red Cross,
Logistics Support Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO),
You can also find details of this position on
THE ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.