Oct 2017 Path HSDSA Project Data Analyst NGO Current Job in Kisumu
Oct 2017 Path HSDSA Project Data Analyst NGO Recent Job in Kisumu
Oct 2017 Path HSDSA Project Data Analyst NGO Current Vacancy in Kisumu
PATH – HSDSA Project
Job Vacancy: Data Analyst Tracking Code: 8463
Job Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Company Location: Kenya, Kisumu
Position Type: Full-Time / RegularPATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
We accelerate innovation across five platforms – vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations – that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs.
Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties.
The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets.PATH is seeking to recruit a Data Analyst who will support the HSDSA project.
The role will
- oversee creation and implementation of project level data analysis plans including writing or editing SOPs and guidelines for data analysis and dissemination of results at process, output and outcome levels;
- ensure data quality using relevant tools and provide technical guidance at all levels including project, facility and community levels;
- lead data collection, entry and analysis of initiatives such as surveys, evaluations and other studies;
- actively participate in project data analytics and documentation activities;
- perform monthly and quarterly data analyses and develop data visualization dashboards;
- contribute to development of in-depth analysis of project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises; and
- participate in data review meetings at various levels, including project level.
The Data Analyst will be based in the Kisumu office.Specific duties and responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support development and implementation of project M&E plans, ensuring that the data collection, collation and analysis are clearly spelt out and understood by all stakeholders.
- Where not provided, assist with setting up realistic and scientifically informed targets.
- Lead the data collection, entry and analysis of initiatives such as surveys, evaluations and other studies conducted by projects.
- Ensure data quality using existing tools and provide technical guidance at all levels including project, facility and community.
Data systems and requirements:
- Develop a Kenya Country Data Management System that draws selected data from project databases; complete with SOPs and guidelines; collate and merge data from different data sources.
- Set up a repository of all data generated from projects in a format that is easily accessible.
- In collaboration with M&E teams, support development of project specific data management systems.
- Review current data processing procedures to identify areas for improvement.
- Where necessary, audit data needs for different projects to come up with requirements per project area.
- Provide TA to build the capacity of project staff in database design and data management system.
Data analysis, dissemination/use:
- Work with project teams to create data analysis plans including writing or editing SOPs and guidelines for data analysis.
- Actively participate in HSDSA project data analytics and documentation activities.
- Perform monthly and quarterly data analyses and develop data visualization dashboards to enable teams and stakeholders to explore, understand and use project data.
- Assist all relevant stakeholders to make use of data to aid informed decision-making by availing datasets and analyses.
- Contribute to development of in-depth analysis of Kenya Country Program project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises.
- Participate in data review meetings at various levels, including project level.
- Provide TA to build the capacity of project staff in data analysis, interpretation, use, reporting, and dissemination.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the performance leader.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Bio-statistics, Social/Behavioral Sciences, Information Systems or other related field, Master’s degree in any related field is an added advantage. 5-8 years’ work experience with international development programs in HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health, Child Survival, Nutrition, and Family Planning.
- Five (5) years or more experience in: Monitoring and Evaluation of Project / Program level activities, data management and analysis.
- Proficiency in a range of qualitative and quantitative analytic methods.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, research and data management of public health programs.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making.
- Effective and efficient time management skills.
- Excellent understanding of database design (Access, SQL)
- Experience with data visualization software preferred (e.g. Tableau)
- Advanced level experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, Stata, EpiInfo).
- Experience with Qualitative Data Analysis software (e.g. NVIVO, Atlas.ti) desired.
- Strong critical analysis skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Access).
- Experience with DHIS2, EMR, and the National HMIS system including knowledge of MOH data collection tools is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and interpretation of key indicators in HIV/AIDS, reproduction health, family planning, child health and nutrition is essential.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: Thursday, October 19 2017 at 5:00 PM