This position will be reporting to the Loss Prevention Coordinators.
General Purpose of Position:
Loss Prevention officers are responsible for detecting, reporting and resolving matters in the area of safety, shrinkage prevention and providing customer service as per Company standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct surveillance to detect and apprehend shoplifters.
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to maintain physical security and protection of assets.
- Monitor closed circuit television systems, if applicable.
- Perform Loss Prevention responsibilities for the store in accordance with approved store and Company rules and procedures.
- Enforce company standards as they relate to security and safety procedures.
- Participate in the training of new hire associates in matters of loss prevention.
- Ensure physical security by controlling access of staff and visitors, along with maintaining visitor control log.
- Maintaining public order on the premises.
- Participate in the store’s loss prevention and safety programs.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by management.
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy
- Ability to perceive situations accurately
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards, using judgment and discretion
- Ability to maintain records and documentation
- Basic computer skills
- 1 year experience in a service industry
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to see or hear activity in the store, and perform all functions as set forth above
- High school graduate with at least C-
- Diploma/Certificate in public relations or equivalent
- NYS graduate- an added advantage
- Height: be at least 5.8”
- Age: at least 24 years
- A valid certificate of Good Conduct
- Original K.C.S.E certificate
The starting salary for this position is KES. 16,000
Should you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including a detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, current remuneration and three professional referees to: email@example.com
Human Resources Manager,
Omega Risk Management Ltd,
P.O. Box 104704-00101
Application Deadline: Midday 13th January, 2012
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received feedback within 10 working days.
Do not attach copies of your certificates/testimonials