Organizational Learning Advisor at Social Impact 2020
Career Kenya: Organizational Learning Advisor at Social Impact 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The purpose of the Mission Support for Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) Pivot (MSP) Activity is to support USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) staff and stakeholders to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and Collaborating Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable KEA’s journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Organizational Learning Advisor will facilitate the USAID Mission’s strengthening of priority relationships, networks, partnerships, and working groups to help the Mission progress towards its development objectives and J2SR mandate. Responsible for supporting the internal and external coordination and collaboration results. . Facilitate and support events for USAID/KEA to promote sectoral and inter-sectoral collaboration both internally and externally. Oversee event planning, facilitation and support to strengthen the collaboration and networking skills of Mission staff. Support thought-leadership efforts by strengthening the Mission’s relationships with stakeholders. Ensure that Mission-supported projects are achieving results and adhering to best practices in transparency, accountability and management. Support the development, improvement and adaptation of learning tools and practices. Collaborate with technical offices to identify and address any gaps in technical evidence base through learning activities. Develop feedback loops to ensure learning from adaptation informs future adaptions.
The Organizational Learning Advisor must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A master’s degree in organizational learning, business administration, industrial-organizational psychology, or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in leading collaboration, learning and adapting or monitoring and evaluation work, organizational learning and/or adaptive management within USG and development clients. Demonstrated change management experience.
- Proven experience in iterative, flexible, adaptive management of teams.
- Demonstrated success in leading collaborative, dynamic teams.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Prior experience working in developing country environments.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- At least 5 years of knowledge management and organizational development experience.
- Experience working with USAID Kenya and an in depth understanding of the mission and internal USAID processes.
- Prior experience working with the Learning Lab and other USAID global mechanisms.