Oshwal Academy Drama Teacher Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: Oshwal Academy Drama Teacher Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Oshwal Academy Nairobi
The post holder is responsible to the Head Teacher for fulfilling his / her teaching duties and responsibilities within the school.
- To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programs for all pupils in the designated classes, within the framework of national and school policies.
- To support and drive the ethos, aims and values of the school.
- To maintain and use assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to staff, and to parents in accordance with school policy.
- To plan work for the class in accordance with school curriculum and in cooperation with Heads of Department, to ensure that the pupils experience a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating curriculum relevant to the age group being taught.
- To liaise with the Head of Department and other members of the department concerning curriculum, schemes of work and teaching methods to provide continuity and uniformity within the department.
- To follow and implement school policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the learning experience matches the individual needs of the pupils.
- To make appropriate educational provision for pupils with learning difficulties and for those children with EAL, with support from The Oshwal Academy ’s Learning Support Department.
- To create a secure, happy and stimulating environment, maintaining the highest standards of discipline.
- To provide well-planned, creative and engaging learning experiences for pupils.
- To be actively involved in the direction of school productions.
- To maintain a high standard of display and a stimulating environment in the classroom and in other areas of the school.
- To liaise with parents concerning pupils’ academic progress and attend Parents’ Meetings to discuss the academic progress of pupils.
- To write detailed reports on each pupil when required.
- To perform duties as requested by the Head Teacher for supervising the pupils outside the classroom e.g. Lunch/break.
- To cover for any colleague who cannot attend school for any reason and to provide cover work for colleagues when absent from school.
- To be committed to the school’s Continuing Professional Development programme.
- Involvement in running extra-curricular Drama Sessions may be required that could mean working outside normal working hours.
- Possess a degree or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have experience of working in British Curriculum Schools.
- Be pro-active as a part of The Oshwal Academy team.
- Possess a love of Drama teaching to children of all abilities and a passion for the development of academic excellence.
- Be able to build good relationships with pupils, colleagues, parents and families.
How to Apply
All applications should reach the Human Resource Manager by Friday 17th March 2021 at 5:00 p.m EAT.
Applications to be submitted to email@example.com.