Pharmacist Job vacancy Aga Khan Hospital Jan 2019
Career vacancy Pharmacist in Nairobi Kenya 2019
The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
- Dispense prescriptions accurately.
- Communicate with prescribers any time a prescription order is unclear or potentially harmful for a patient.
- Ensure patients’ safety by checking for potentially dangerous drug interactions.
- Counsel patients on proper medication use and their potential side effects
- Giving drug information to user departments
- Checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level
- Anticipating needed medications and supplies and placing and receiving orders from stores
- Collecting data on Medication errors, near misses and interventions and submitting on a monthly basis.
- Perform administrative tasks including proper documentation, adequate inventory management and generation of adequate reports
- Setting and enforcing workplace policies
- Keep up to date on drug approvals, product recalls and ensure compliance with regulatory authority.
- Educate doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers about new medications and drug therapy protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- 2 years’ experience in a Hospital, retail or industry pharmacy
- Registered with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board
- S/he must demonstrate an understanding of quality initiatives not limited to JCIA and ISO
- S/he should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus, partnering and networking at all levels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in the problem-solving process.
- Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately
How to Apply
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline for submitting the application is on 10th January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.