Phlebotomist – Outreach Health Centres (Locum) Job at The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Phlebotomist – Outreach Health Centres (Locum) Job at The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at an advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The management is seeking to attract interested and qualified candidates on short term basis (Locum), to fill the positions listed below for our Outreach Health Centres:
Phlebotomist – Outreach Health Centres (Locum)
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe collection of laboratory samples following laid down procedures, ensuring suitability of test samples and privacy of patients and personnel.
- Timely collection of blood samples and other types of specimens for laboratory investigations from both in-patients and out-patients as per test requirements.
- Timely recording and distribution of specimens to the laboratory for processing.
- Maintain adequate stocks of phlebotomy supplies within the section.
- Bleed donors as per the laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Attend to patients’ queries and demonstrate good public relations and customer care.
- Perform and manage quality control checks for all pre-analytical processes, consumables and the environment.
- Support the laboratory to maintain ISO 15189:2012 Accreditation.
- Certificate in Phlebotomy or its equivalent.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Candidates who have worked in an accredited laboratory will have an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter quoting job title and preferred outreach on the email subject, together with a detailed curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three reference current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th August, 2019.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”