Department: Procurement & Logistics
Supervised By: Procurement Manager.
Role Objective/SummaryTo establish and implement logistics procedures in line with organizational requirements and ensure proper
day-to-day stock control and the integrity of stock levels.
- Ensure there is effective and efficient importation and exportation process of goods.
- Develop a standard list of foreign and domestic suppliers and establish a database of quotes for various items.
- Liaise with the Logistics Manager implement the procurement planned activities in line with company procurement policies and procedures.
- Placing orders, checking shipment and receiving all incoming supplies; inspect and verify for conformity to the order specifications and delivery notes.
- Register and maintain proper files of requisitions, quotations and purchase orders and other relevant documents.
- Negotiating the lowest prices for commodity being purchased
- Ensure effective, efficient, and timely management of supplies to the user departments.
- Posting of Requests for Tender/quotations to prospective bidders.
- Prepare periodic procurement status report and share as appropriate
- A Bachelors degree from a recognized university in a business related field.
- A post graduate degree in Purchasing and supply will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy procurement department preferably with Electrical.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
Interested candidates can apply by sending there resume indicating the current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on the subject line indicate PURCHASING OFFICER