Programmes Intern vacancy nanhri Kenya 2019
Internship Opportunity Programmes Intern nairobi Kenya Jan 2019
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To support the Programmes team in planning and executing programmatic activities in an effective, efficient and professional manner.
· To work closely with the Operations Manager and Programme Officers to gain knowledge, skills and experience from our work in various departments.
· Assist in planning and implementing all programmatic activities including handling logistical arrangements.
· Preparing meeting and activity reports.
· Drafting and/or translating materials for use in programmatic activities, in consultation with the Programmes staff.
· Assist in collecting and analyzing data for preparing monitoring and evaluation reports.
· Participate in departmental and organizational planning processes.
· Conduct research and prepare briefs on emerging areas within the human rights field.
· Any other duties that may be assigned by the Operations Manager and Programme Officers.
· Translation of small texts and documents to and from English and French
· Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Project Management or related field from a recognized institution
· Foreign applicants MUST be eligible to work in Kenya.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Fluency in written and spoken French and English languages.
· Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
· Must be able to work efficiently and independently with minimum supervision.
· Good organizational skills; a team player and flexible towards adjusting priorities.
· Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural skills and sensitivities.
· Ability to conduct research and prepare reports.
· Demonstrable commitment to social justice.
How to apply:
If you possess the above qualifications and other requirements for the position, please send your application strictly by Email clearly indicating the position on the subject matter of the email together with a cover letter and a detailed C.V, a daytime telephone contact, and names and contacts of three referees to reach us by January 21, 2019 to:
Network of African National Human Rights Institutions
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 2nd Floor
PO. Box 74359‐00200
With a copy to