PSC Chief Engineer Latest Jobs in Kenya Feb 2017
PSC Chief Engineer New Jobs in Kenya Feb 2017
PSC Chief Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Kenya Feb 2017
Responsibilities for the Chief Engineer Job
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Engineering Secretary for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing agricultural engineering policies, strategies, guidelines and programmes; interpretation and application of the Agricultural Act and other related statutes;
- Providing guidance on all matters related to land resource management and agroprocessing;
- Facilitating and promoting research and technology transfer in agricultural mechanization and agro-processing; and mobilising resources for implementation of agricultural engineering programmes.
Qualifications for the Chief Engineer Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Principal
- Superintending Engineer (Agriculture), Job Group ‘R’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Agricultural Engineering fields: Soil and Water, Mechanization/Farm Power, Structures or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Master’s degree any of the following Agricultural Engineering fields: Soil and Water, Mechanization/Farm Power, Structures or a relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution; demonstrated a high degree of administrative, professional and technical competence and possess leadership qualities and initiative in matters of Agricultural Engineering; and a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, programmes and the ability to relate them to the Agricultural Engineering function.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke OR by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.