PSC Deputy Director of Public Communications job vacancy in kenya
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The public service commission is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all kenyans.
- Women and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and testimonials during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Public Service Commission of Kenya
P. O. Box 30095 – 00100
Deputy Director of Public Communications
Basic Salary: Scale: Ksh.94,235 – Ksh.120,270 p.m.
(Job Group ‘R’)
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years at the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Public
- Communications, Job Group ‘Q’ or in a comparable position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Mass Communication, Communication Studies,
- Information Science, Public Relations, International
- Relations, Journalism, Social Sciences or comparable qualification from a recognized university;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass
- Communications, Communication Studies, Information
- Sciences, Public Relations, International Relations,
- Journalism, Social Sciences or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized university;
- attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized Institution;
- international Relations and Diplomacy skills;
- a clear understanding of the National Development goals, Vision 2030, Millennium Development Goals and the role of Public Communications in achieving of the same;
- strong leadership required at that level;
- oral and written communications skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- be of high integrity, motivated and team player;
- advanced computer applications skills; and
- demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and managerial capability in public communications work.
- initiating/reviewing Public Communications Policy and designing appropriate programmes and infrastructure to facilitate its implementation;
- initiating research on various public communication issues and developing appropriate interventions;
- developing standards and regulations in the management of public communication functions;
- liaising with the Office of the Public Communications in identifying Government events that require packaging for dissemination to the media and the public;
- preparing and organizing fora where Government policies, programmes and projects can be propagated and promoted;
- carrying out research based on both local and international press on possible causes of negative
- publicity on the Government and developing appropriate interventions;
- preparing media supplements, documentaries, press release/media features; and
- succession planning as well as ensuring training and development of public communications personnel.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through one of the Commission’s websites www.publicservice.go.ke and www.psckjobs.go.ke OR by completing ONE application form PSC 2 (Revised 2007).