Public Service Commission of Kenya, Transition Authority Selection Panel: Chairperson and Members Vacancies 2012
Pursuant to the provisions in the First Schedule of the Transition to Devolved Government Act (No.1 of 2012), the Public Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons from the public , private sector and civil society for the positions of Chairperson and six (6) members of the Transition Authority Selection Panel.
The Selection Panel will competitively select and nominate the Chairperson and Members of the Transition Authority.
Vacancies for the Positions of Chairperson and Members of the Transition Authority Selection Panel
For appointment as Chairperson or Member of the Selection Panel for the Transition Authority, a person should:
- possess a masters degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- have had a distinguished career in a senior management position in the private OR public sector;
- have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification professional experience;
- satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- possess advanced conceptual, analytical, leadership and interviewing skills.
- The term of the Panel shall expire upon the appointment of Chairperson and Members of the Transition Authority.
- Applications may be made by:
(b) any person, organization or group of persons proposing the nomination of any qualified person.
- Names of all applicants and those shortlisted for each post shall be published in the Kenya Gazette, print media and on the Commission’s website www.publicservice.go.ke after the closure of the advert.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to submit additional information and will be subjected to a public interview process.
Each application should be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of the National identity card and certified copies of academic certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be made in writing and hand delivered to the Secretary’s office on 4th floor, Commission House, off Harambee Avenue.
Applications may also be submitted online as a Ms Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The supporting documents especially the Identity Card (ID) should be scanned and sent with the application.
Manual applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Application for Chairperson, Transition Authority Selection Panel” OR “Application for Member, Transition Authority Selection Panel” and addressed to:
Public Service Commission of Kenya
P.O. Box 30095 – 00100,
to reach the Commission on or before 22nd March, 2012 (latest by 5.00 p.m.).
Note: A copy of this advert is also in the Special issue of the Kenya Gazette Volume 21, Gazette Notice No. 3580 & No. 3581 of 16th March 2012.
Bernadette M. Nzioki, EBS
Public Service Commission Of Kenya
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here