Regional Procurement Officer (Buying) at Save the Children 2020
Career Kenya: Regional Procurement Officer (Buying) at Save the Children 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The Regional Procurement Officer (Buying) will be responsible for purchasing of goods and services, managing & developing the supplier base and ensuring the efficient delivery of high quality goods & services to our Country Programmes,
The role holder will be, expected to respond to Procurement requirements, implement the regional procurement strategy, which will effectively deliver business needs.
The role holder will also be expected to support the specification and selection of procurement tools, and to build and development of a high performing team
The role holder will be required to work with countries in Eastern and Southern Africa Region (ESARO) to support their procurement strategies and to support in developing the buying strategy i.e. local & international procurement under the supervision of the Regional Procurement Manager.
The role holder will also support the Regional Procurement Manager in:
- Ensuring that the right supplies and services are procured and that there is timely procurement and delivery of goods and services to programmes to deliver outstanding results for children
- Ensuring best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent procurement processes
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing procurement processes in complex situations
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing procurement processes, driving contract compliance and embedding buying best practice
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Knowledge of NGO/ Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities and simultaneously stick to deadlines, whilst maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers
- Excellent reporting skills, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Medical Procurement Knowledge/Experience
Contract duration: 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents