Saferworld Funding, Grant Management and Programme Development Manager Job in Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Saferworld Funding, Grant Management and Programme Development Manager Job in Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Job Title: Funding, Grant Management and Programme Development Manager
Location: This position can be based in either Kenya or Uganda
Management responsibility: None
Reporting to: Head of Funding
Key Relationships: Funding team; Regional Programmes teams, including Heads of Region and country staff; HR / Operations team; Finance team; Policy, Advocacy and Communications team; Organisational Development Unit, and Executive team
Contract Duration: This is an open contract that is subject to continuation of funding
Background: Saferworld works to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with civil society, governments and international organisations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others. We work on or in 20 countries and territories, including East Africa, South and South East Asia, Central Asia and the Middle East, as well as globally on conflict prevention policies.
Over the past three decades we have been highly successful in securing income from statutory and multilateral donor sectors. Saferworld is looking for an experienced statutory, institutional or trust and foundation Fundraising Manager, preferably from the international sector, to join our extremely productive and effective Funding team.
The post holder will have significant experience of leading, writing and co-ordinating high value proposals to statutory or institutional funders, such as the UN, EU or DFID.
The post holder will be able to develop robust programme designs and plans, produce successful and timely applications, including Theory of Changes, logframes and other application supporting documents, such as application budgets. Ideally the candidate will have experience of producing competitive tendering applications.
The post holder will bring significant fundraising expertise, programme design knowledge and excellent application experience to Saferworld’s already active Funding team, namely:
- Work with Saferworld Africa teams to nurture and develop donor and prospect funder relationships, predominantly from statutory, institutional and trust and foundation sectors.
- Collaborate with Africa and support teams to develop high quality programme designs.
- Work with Africa and support teams, and lead on the production of successful applications to statutory, institutional and trust and foundation sectors.
- Sustain donor relationships through effective grant management and donor stewardship.
- Contribute to the Funding team’s goal of achieving a balance between unrestricted and restricted funding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of Saferworld’s work and building close working relationships with Saferworld colleagues, predominantly Africa teams.
- Work closely with Africa colleagues and support teams to develop robust programme designs.
- Identify, map and prioritise donors, prospects and funding opportunities, and match these to organisational funding needs, with a particular focus on statutory, institutional and trust and foundation sectors.
- Collaborate with Africa colleagues to cultivate donors and prospects, as well as respond to funding opportunities and calls, predominantly from statutory, institutional and trust and foundation sectors.
- Work closely with Africa colleagues and support teams on the development of creative, tailored and successful applications, to predominantly statutory, institutional and trust and foundation sectors.
- Produce high quality application supporting documents, including Theory of Change, logframes and application budgets.
- Oversee effective grant management, including the negotiation of grant contracts, working with Saferworld teams to ensure contractual compliance, including donor reporting, ensuring all records of contracts, donor reports and invoices are accessible and shared with relevant staff.
- Key to grant management will be the production of timely and high quality donor reports.
- Work closely with the Head of Funding on the production of high quality unrestricted applications that support Saferworld’s core activities and infrastructure.
- Keep up-to-date on trends and priorities of statutory, institutional and trust and foundation sectors.
- Work closely with Saferworld colleagues on annual planning funding strategies and monitoring objectives.
- Work closely with the Head of Funding on reporting Funding team’s key performance indicators.
- Share ideas, information, learning and contribute to funding processes and protocols.
- A first degree or relevant experience in the third sector.
- Sound experience of statutory, institutional or trust and foundation sector fundraising experience, preferably in the international sector.
- A proven track record of securing funds for high value six figure sums from the institutional or statutory sector, preferably in the international sector.
- Experience of proposal development, including ability to convey complex models in an accessible language.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, meet objectives and tight deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and the occasional need to work unsocial hours.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with staff based in different countries and time zones.
- Organised approach with meticulous attention to detail.
- Respect for other cultures and diversity.
- Knowledge of international funding trends.
- Compliance with and commitment to Saferworld’s safeguarding principles.
- Thematic knowledge of peacebuilding, security and justice, governance, gender or conflict transformation.
- Commercial and competitive bid tendering.
- Participatory methodologies and models.
- Experience of proposal development with partners across the globe.
Terms and Conditions: This role is offered under the national terms and conditions as applicable in either country.
- In Kenya: KES 3,966,871 – KES 4,736,651 gross p.a. plus benefits
- In Uganda: UGX 12,103,110- UGX 14,885,299 gross p.a. plus benefits
Holidays: 28 days holiday a year in addition to relevant public holidays
Hours: The standard working week is 37.5 hours.
Probation: There will be a probationary period of the three months
To apply: Download and complete an application form at www.saferworld.org.uk/jobs/jobs and send to Natalia Arkhipova at firstname.lastname@example.org (You must quote Ref: AFPDM in the subject line)
Deadline for applications: 28th May 2019.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: We will only consider completed application forms so please do not send CV