Sanergy Driver Job in Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Sanergy Driver Job in Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community.
Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Driver who will be responsible for efficiently and effectively fulfilling customer requirements by transporting installation materials and equipment.
Key duties and responsibilities
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulations and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Ministry of Transport
- The driver shall maintain the assigned vehicle(s); always keeping them clean and in good condition. Necessary maintenance such as washing and /or cleaning of assigned vehicle(s) shall be done and scheduled properly
- The driver shall be responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, routine check-up including but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tyre condition.
- The driver shall always stop the engine and electric power of assigned vehicles to save consumption of fuel, during waiting time
- The driver has the sole responsibility of filling in the Truck Handover Document and the Mileage-Destination Logbook at the end of every day
- The driver shall proactively help other company staff and associates in small tasks, as long as the duties do not impact negatively on the driver’s performance in his primary role
- Sleeping inside the vehicle(s) is strictly not allowed
- The driver shall always drive the vehicle(s) safely and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accidents. Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for a driver’s recall and consequently be a cause for termination
- The driver shall, at all times park the vehicles at the designated parking area at 5PM
- It is the sole responsibility of the driver to monitor expiration and renewal of his driver’s license without causing any inconvenience to the company schedule.
- Fuel and necessary expenses for the maintenance of the vehicle shall be on the company’s account, however any expenses incurred by the driver without prior approval and knowledge of the company is not reimbursable
- The driver shall strictly observe the company rules and regulations, policies and directives of the Company
- Always maintain a friendly and professional behavior during waste collection and transport, and facilitate adherence of the same by team. Train team member on importance of the latter.
- Ensure Collection of waste (urine, feces and sanitary waste) from all FL toilets in the most safe and effective way and as per the collection schedule.
- Ensure that full customer service is provided and resolution of cases concerning Logistics in a timely manner.
- Report waste collection challenges to the Supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Quality: Obtain set quality scores in workplace audits.
- Information management: Obtain set adherence to scrum meetings attendance and escalation.
- Productivity: Obtain set adherence to collection schedule and shift plan.
- Adherence: Obtain set adherence to AM and PM schedules.
- Safety: Obtain Set score in monthly EHS audits.
- Personal Development: Adherence to set training calendar and schedule
Skills and qualifications required
- KCSE Certification
- Valid driving license, class BCE
- 5 years’ experience in driving heavy commercial vehicles
- Good interpersonal skills, effective communicator, attentive to details, strong problem solving and interpretation skills
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to perform task without repeated instructions, demonstrate sound work ethics
- Demonstrable experience in handling multiple customer demands
Please forward your application to email@example.com indicating the job title as the subject of your email.
Application deadline is 24th May 2019