Senior Finance Officer at Arc Skills Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Senior Finance Officer at Arc Skills Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Arc Skills is the global skills industry innovator for schools, universities and businesses. We are the first, and only, lifelong learning provider which is leading the 21st Century Skills revolution! Our high-quality and in-depth solutions-based approach not only provides our clients with essential training and skills development, but more importantly, c…
Read more about this company
To provide responsive and sound support to the Arc Skills Group Finance Function and Management to enable accurate and timely financial reporting. To provide support with regard to all financial matters within the business. Ensure adherence to statutory requirements, asses financial risk and strive for operational efficiencies within the business. Ensure timely and robust financial reporting to the Arc Skills Finance Function for monthly management accounts, budgets, re-forecasts, cash flow and other requests.
- Planning/Budgeting and Controlling/Monitoring
- Assist the Country CEO with the preparation and review of annual and multi-year departmental plans and budgets (operational and Capex).
- Assist with the development of business plans and/or costing of proposals.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounting reports and obtain commentary on performance, progress and reasons for variances, where relevant.
- Assist the Country CEO in preparation of regular cash flow forecasting, pipeline management and reporting and ensuring the maintenance of sufficient funds for business operational purposes.
- Financial and General
- Perform the Accounts Receivable function, including the issuing of invoices and collection of outstanding debt.
- Perform the Accounts Payable function, including the managing and payment of supplier invoices in line with Arc Skills Group Policies. Reconcile supplier accounts on a weekly basis (invoice processing, check coding and update P&L)
- Manage weekly payment operations as well as month end creditor payments
- Manage debtors
- Manage assets and keep asset register updated and post monthly depreciation
- Monthly accruals, provisions and prepayments
- Liaise with banks and auditors
- Production of monthly management accounts and submission of month end reports to the Group FC
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Capturing payments in line with Arc Skills Group Policies.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account reconciliations by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconcile and control company credit cards
- Monthly intercompany loan account reconciliations, shareholder loans and member loan account.
- Ensure the insurance schedule is kept updated
- Prepare schedules and documentation for external audit, along with Annual Financial Statements based on IFRS.
- Support the GEMS Internal Audit team with their regular reviews.
- Communicate, co-ordinate and support the relevant processes to ensure all financial year-end and other administration requirements are met on a timely basis to ensure full legal compliance with financial requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of all relevant tax returns, including but not limited to Income Tax, VAT and Employment Taxes.
- Obtain the necessary Withholding Tax documentation where applicable.
- Liaise with Tax Advisory Firm on more complex tax matters.
- Assist with any other local compliance or regulatory requirements.
- Perform any ad-hoc finance related duties as might be required.
- Employee Matters
- Compile and submit monthly statutory returns
- Run monthly payroll on VIP and submit payroll information to Regional HR Manager
- Monthly & quarterly sales commission calculations
- Maintain source document files
- Qualifications / knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Be a registered member of an accounting body recognized in Kenya
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, taxation and principles
- Awareness of business trends
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Attention to detail with strong numerate skills
- Willingness to get involved in all aspects for financial and accounting process
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects at one time
- Experience in Sage Evolutions preferred
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to communicate effectively in English
- Strong work ethic and high standards for achievement
- 5 – 10 years Finance /Accounting experience
- Experience with creating financial statements