Senior SME Business Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Senior SME Business Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Title: Senior Manager SME
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our client, an established bank, seeks to on board a self-driven individual to hold the Senior Manager SME role in the organization.
The role holder will manage the SME Business segment as per the business requirements.
In addition, he/she will manage and minimise risks in the business.
Reporting to the Head of Retail Banking, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Strategy Development- Develop strategic plans for the SME business and proactively provide strategic direction for the segment;
- Business Growth- Drive the growth of SME current accounts as well as the liabilities from the SME product segment;
- Relationship Management- Develop and maintain sustainable business relationships to drive growth and acquisition of new customers. This includes cultivating and maintaining partnerships with external investors focusing on the SME sector;
- Portfolio Management- Build an SME asset portfolio as per the set targets and maintain portfolio quality within acceptable credit risk exposure. This includes overseeing the performance of loans disbursed to the SME customers whilst ensuring compliance to the laid down lending policies and procedures;
- Risk Management- Identify and report any internal and external risks posed to the business and come up with measures to mitigate such risks. This includes identification and reporting of potential and actual Money laundering and suspicious transactions risks in accordance with the laid down AML policies procedures;
- Client Management- Champion the delivery of consistent and satisfactory customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty. Manage customer requests and transactions with compliance to operational guidelines and procedures of zero tolerance to operational risk and fraud;
- Leadership-Maximize the overall performance and wellbeing of the Bank by actively providing leadership through contributing to the collective Leadership Agenda and sharing business insights/ feedback with the Head Corporates and SMEs;
- Performance Management: Identify development areas among the team members and respond to the performance gaps by conducting trainings, coaching and mentorship sessions in order to achieve success in career and business goals;
- Operations Management: Develop /update the group lending policy and procedure manual, improve and/or streamline other SME banking processes to deliver efficient, effective and timely service to customers.
- Brand Representation- Positively represent the brand and corporate values of the Bank in the internal and external market environment.
- Strategic Orientation;
- Entrepreneurship & Business Acumen;
- Relationship & Stakeholder Management;
- Results Orientation;
- Leading and Managing People;
- Customer Focus;
- Operational Excellence;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business-related field;
- A minimum of Six (6) years’ experience in general banking, with at least two (2) years’ at management level in an affluent service sector or retail banking;
- Two (2) years’ experience in Relationship Management and a proven track record of client acquisition and management.
- Clear understanding of SME business banking models;
- Excellent understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of bank Credit risk management policies, procedures and best practices in lending.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Senior Manager SME by Tuesday, 26th January by 5pm.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.