Statistical Analyst – Strategy and Quality Assurance at Strathmore University 2020
Career Kenya: Statistical Analyst – Strategy and Quality Assurance at Strathmore University 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Reporting to: Director, Strategy and Quality Assurance
Basic job summary: The jobholder will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the Institutional Data Analysis Unit of the university alongside managing the Data Management Teams across the departments, schools and faculties. The work focuses on the design, execution, analysis, interpretation, and reporting or communication of data evidence from the various university databases, and research.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the affairs of the Institutional Data Analysis Unit and ensure its alignment with departmental and business-wide vision and strategies.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Drive education and evangelization of data driven decision making throughout the organization by communicating the university’s vision on data analytics as a crosscutting feature in the university’s strategic plan
- Draft regular reports on departmental performance and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments for overall business performance improvement and present recommendations and departmental strategies for improvement in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Analyze data and prepare reports in cooperation with peers in SQA and other University departments to support institutional planning and reporting official institutional data to government agencies, professional organizations, and accrediting bodies;
- Assist in preparation and publishing of internal and external reports and surveys in cooperation with SQA peers and other departments;
- Track the university’s performance and conduct exploratory data analyses and experimental designs, to assist the university to better understand trends and behavior within the higher education sector and derive the most suitable strategies to drive success;
- Develop, implement, and oversee techniques and procedures for automated and integrated data capture, analysis, and dissemination for the university;
- Participate in professional forums and keep abreast of trends and issues pertaining to institutional effectiveness, regulatory requirements and incorporate best practices into the University’s initiatives;
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in any related field from a recognized institution
- Bachelor Degree in any related Mathematics related field from a recognised institution
- At least 2 years’ hands on experience on data management with exposure to a business environment
Competencies and Attributes
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Research Methodologies and Development
- Advanced Data Modelling Skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education sector issues
- Strong analytical skills – able to measure against relevant KPIs & commercial goals, create robust analysis and meaningful insights to highlight opportunities. Establish, mine and analyse large datasets.
- Excellent collaboration skills – this is a cross functional role within the Strategy and Quality Assurance team and the wider university departments, high capacity leadership to influence others, encourage teamwork, and build strong relationships
- Aptitude to learn fast, to absorb and integrate new facts and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills – engage and influence multiple stakeholders to build strong working relationships, with ability to galvanize teams and get buy in across departments.
- Project management – ability to manage multiple projects in a fast moving and ever changing environment with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes, sometimes at the last minute.
- Inspire others – ability to engage broad range of stakeholders both through compilation of compelling and persuasive presentations and ability to deliver.
- Innovative – creative strategist who is comfortable challenging status quo, brings creativity to problem-solving through the use of innovative frameworks and technological solutions
- Technically aware – candidates must have worked closely with the technological side and have the capability to use visualisation/Dash boarding tools such as Power Bi, Tableau etc.
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Statistical Analyst” on the subject line to email@example.com by 23rd September 2020.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.