Subject Teachers Job Vacancy in Kenya 2019
Career Opportunity Subject Teachers Nairobi Kenya 2019
- Planning and preparing teaching and learning materials
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan;
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of one’s students;
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him/her;
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice;
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Trained P1 teacher / Degree in Education with TSC certification
- Must be active in extra-curricular activities
- 1-2 years’ teaching experience / 3+ years teaching experience
Skills and Competencies
- Must be a good communicator – both written and spoken, a team player, an open minded person, flexibility to change and intrinsically motivated.
How to Apply
Please make your application through firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 22nd January 2019 stating whether you are an upper or lower primary teacher and the main subjects that you teach. e.g Lower Primary or Upper Primary – Maths & Science. Only successful candidates will be contacted.