Technical Advisor at Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Technical Advisor at Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Advisor, Adult HIV Treatment will be a key member of the CHS SHINDA project technical team in Siaya County. The individual will be responsible for providing technical support in the implementation of clinical care in adult HIV care and treatment activities. This will be done in coordination with the Ministry of Health and CHS Siaya county staff.
- Providing technical support in the development and implementation of the project work plans.
- Providing technical support in the design and implementation of adult HIV & TB/HIV programs.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the TB coordinator on matters TB/HIV at national, regional and facility level for the establishment and strengthening of TB/HIV activities at all CHS-supported facilities.
- Provide technical support to a team of implementing officers in the region and to MoH staff including training and mentorship.
- Develop job aids, tools and materials as needed including CMEs for use at the facility to support health care workers provide HIV & TB treatment services.
- Build capacity of county teams to prioritise and provide adult HIV & TB/HIV services.
- Ensure implementation of Point of Care Electronic Medical Records in the supported region to enhance patient care and support reporting of key indicators to the national data warehouse.
- Provide technical support in the plans, budgets and report for the Adult health activities in the program.
- Take part in drafting CHS monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other written materials such as lessons learned, case studies and other materials as required.
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation and use of data to inform program planning and continuous improvement as well as research as required.
- Participate in TWGs and relevant meetings to strengthen and report on adult HIV and TB-related activities and targets.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in the implementation of the program in line with MOH guidelines and priorities.
- Represent CHS in various forums including HIV treatment technical working groups at the county, regional (Nyawest) and national levels.
- Any other duties assigned by the Program Director.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) with Masters in Medicine or Public Health or other related fields.
- Minimum five years working experience in developing programs with significant technical assistance experience in public health programs; HIV/AIDS program experience preferred.
- Working experience in a donor-funded public health program is an added advantage.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to work well with others, develop and maintain relationships with project staff, donors, sub-contractors and other partners.
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title as TECHNICAL ADVISOR – ADULT HIV TREATMENT: CHS/HR/SP/TAHIV/01/2020 by 5.00 PM Friday, February 21, 2020.