Technical Expert in Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Technical Expert in Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Technical Expert in Monitoring and Evaluation
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Through its special initiative entitled ‘One World, No Hunger’ (SEWOH), BMZ plans to make a significant contribution to the alleviation of poverty and hunger. The project “Green Innovation Centers in the Food and Agriculture Sector”
(GIAE) forms part of that special initiative, which is dedicated to achievement of the Millennium Development Goals that relate to poverty and hunger. The module objective of the GIAE in Kenya is: ‘In selected rural regions of Kenya, innovations in the agriculture and food sector have improved smallholder incomes, employment and the regional food supply. The Kenya action area is designed to achieve results in the value chains (VCs) of milk and sweet potatoes and reach 100,000 small scale farmers in Kakamega, Bungoma Siaya and Nyandarua with field activities, and has linkages to the national policy making (evidence
based), district development planning and its base in Kisumu. The work has to underpin these levels. Furthermore the work has to produce the basis for management decisions and reporting (regular and ad hoc). The objective of the project is to ensure a regular income for many smallholders and help to create jobs in rural areas. The focus is on the following areas of intervention: (1) transfer of innovations; (2) developing a demand-oriented system of vocational training and extension services; (3) strengthening the role of the private sector as a driving force for VC development; (4) setting up an innovation network to improve cooperation between the VC stakeholders. Several actors at national and international level will support in achieving the goals. A continuous M&E system has to be in place in order to monitor the impact of the above mentioned interventions. The adjoined programmes to GIAE are SEWOH Soil, SEWOH Potato and the Food Security Programme.The key responsibility of the M&E Expert will be to manage and coordinate M&E related activities for the GIAE in Western Kenya and Nyandarua.
- Regular monitoring of project implementation by implementing partners
- Timely compilation of project reports as per monitoring framework and donor requirements
- Capacity building of partners and beneficiaries based on identified M& E needs
- Participation in relevant ora for the project
- Control data and information provided by implementing partners for quality and timeliness
- Up-date all databases of he M+E system of the project and the global programme.
- Plan, organise and implement scheduled data collection, analysis and documentation for project indicator reporting
- Update M+E file in the project’s Data Management System (DMS)
- Update the knowledge management system
- Respond to M+E needs of GIZ´s agricultural cluster
- Further develop the M+E system according to the requirements of the Global Programme
- Coordinate with M+E officers of the other GIZ agricultural projects.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),