Technical Officer Nutrition Jobs at FHI 360 in Kenya today 2013
Job Title: Technical Officer, Nutrition
Req ID: 2629
Job Title: Technical Officer – Nutrition (2 positions)
Reports To: Senior Technical Officer
Location: APHIAplus NAL Project (Lodwar and Wajir)
The Technical Officer, Nutrition, will be responsible for providing mentorship, coaching and regular updates to service providers in the area of nutrition. He /she will be responsible for working closely with the service providers to ensure that the quality of nutrition care services are assured implemented and sustained across the program as defined by the MOH standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide updates to the clinical and health service providers specifically on the current nutrition policies, strategies and guidelines in nutrition with particular reference to MNCH programs, child survival and integration into HIV & AIDS interventions.
· Provide mentorship and coaching on clinical nutrition services to service providers with emphasis on the high impact nutrition interventions such as Maternal Nutrition and Supplementation, Exclusive Breast Feeding, Infant and Young Child Feeding/ Complementary Feeding, Zinc and Vit. A supplementation, Growth Monitoring, Control of Diarrheal Diseases, IMCI and Nutrition Assessments and Rehabilitation. In addition, should provide nutrition education and promote appropriate nutrition during pregnancy and for children
· Build the capacity of the Facility Teams including other relevant facility based supervisors to conduct an effective high quality support supervision for nutrition services
· Orientate and mentor the facility-based service providers on existing data capture and summary tools for nutrition services in line with the HMIS and the CHANIS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
· Computer literate and competent in the use of ICT resources
· Ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated and function optimally with minimal supervision
· Creativity and innovativeness in adapting to challenging work environments
· Constructive and productive team player with good communication skills
MINUMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
· Diploma in Nutrition with at least 7-9 years relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years or Master’s degree with 3-5 years relevant work experience.
· Experience in supervision and mentorship is essential.
· Demonstrable knowledge and skills in nutrition programming will be an essential requirement.
· Nursing/Clinical Medicine background with post-basic Diploma in Nutrition or a BSc in Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics or Food Science and Technology with 5 years relevant work experience and 3 years’ experience in Nutrition services working in a busy health facility/nutrition program preferably in the public sector.
· Registered by the Kenya Nutrition and Dietetic Institute.
How to Appy:
Deadline: 24th April 2012