Tour Driver Job Vacancy in Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Tour Driver Job Vacancy in Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Advertisement: Tour Driver
The main role for this position is to transfer and escort guests in luxury comfort and safety to the fulfillment and enjoyment of their tour.
- Drive guests, staff and other authorised persons as per instructions
- Observe the road and traffic laws and regulations of the republic of Kenya
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and Company’s agreed driving standards.
- Ensure the safety of guests, oneself and other road users at all times
- Carry out assignments as per Transport Chart and instructions given by the Transport Manager
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Make sure the vehicle is in good and serviceable mechanical condition at all times
- Inspect vehicle prior departing for a tour or safari, and equip the vehicle with all the required Company’s supplies needed from the stores.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly and to satisfactory completion as per the Company’s specifications and road test the vehicle before embarking on any job assignment.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle maintenance, expenses, mileage, as per the Company’s transport guidelines.
- Keep an accurate Log Book of daily movements, servicing and vehicle defects. Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc
- Assist guests with delivery of luggage to and from the vehicle.
- Assist the Transport Manager to ensure vehicle insurance and other Government licenses requirements are updated according to schedule.
- Maintain high profile image of the Company and follow code of conduct.
Personal Qualities, Qualifications and Experience.
- Good understanding of Kenya traffic law.
- Good traffic judgment.
- Good knowledge about vehicle mechanics.
- Knowledge of the Nairobi routings , hotels and restaurants
- Excellent driving skills with zero accident record.
- Flexible, effective team work and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work long and irregular hours, shift duty and on public holidays
- Good in communicating in English both written and oral.
- A team player – personable, caring, helpful, reliable and diplomatic
- Good personal grooming & personal presentation.
- Clean Driving license.
- A certificate of good conduct.
- P.S.V License.
- Ministry of Tourism license
- K.C.S.E Certificate
- KPSGA certificate – Preferably Silver level certification.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a driver with good driving record and preferably from a tour and travel industry.
- Holder of qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs desirable.
Only those who meet the above qualifications should email their resume together with a covering letter indicating the position on the subject line to email@example.com on or before 11 January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.