Universal Sales Consultant at Standard Bank 2020
Career Kenya: Universal Sales Consultant at Standard Bank 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
A role whose aim is to on-board and/or cross sell to new and existing customers by contacting them at their predictable churn points with a view to proactively exceed expectations.
- Conducts a thorough financial needs assessment and recommends the most appropriate products and services for personal and Business customer’s immediate and future financial needs at the branch.
- Identifies and cross sell all products including, Vehicle and Asset Finance (VAF), Digital Channel, Card, Home Loans, Agency Banking, Banca and others.
- Conducts and drives campaigns at branch, targeted at personal and business banking customers.
- Provides the following services to Personal Banking:
- Promote and sell a range of PB product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of Personal customers (i.e. Blue, Silver, Executive and Private Banking).
- Acquire and open new personal accounts according to customer needs.
- Collaborate with Customer Care Centre (CCC) to Cross sell additional products and services to existing and new Personal Banking customers.
- Provides the following services to SME Banking Customers:
- Promote and sell a range of Enterprise Banking product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of the business customers
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Attends to Personal Banking and SME customer service requests and refer requests outside of scope to the relevant area for example: Enterprise Direct; Home Loans; VAF, and follow up on the query resolution in order to provide feedback to the customer.
- Engages with priority clients on a re-active basis as required and ensure that the client need is addressed appropriately by either attending to the request or handing it over to the relationship manager.
- Provides the following service to Personal Banking and SME Customers:
- Conducts customer on boarding as per defined processes for new accounts and explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
- Attends to customers on the overflow of customer service requests.
- Proactively promotes the adoption and drive awareness for digital banking channel and Enterprise Direct
- LENDING & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Identifies and manages business risks from both a customer and bank perspective by ensuring that appropriate control mechanisms are in place to minimize risk exposure. Example verifying signatures.
- Conducts Know Your Customer (KYC) for personal and business customers as per defined guidelines in order to minimise fraud. Reports identified fraudulent incidents immediately.
- Provides the following services to Personal Banking customers:
- Guides personal customers in the completion of credit application information requirements for example balance sheets as part of the application process
- Captures and process scored credit applications for personal customers within the confidential limit of authority and Behavioural Risk Indicator (BRI) scores and notify customers regarding the approval or decline of credit loan facilities.
- Informs customers of their terms and conditions of credit approval in accordance with the requirements in Standard Bank’s policies as well as the Code of Banking practice.
- Actions credit violations reports daily as per laid down procedures for personal lending
- Provide the following services to SME T2 Customers:
- Creates profile on the credit work-flow system for New SME Tier 2 walk-in customers with lending needs so as to assist Enterprise Direct in the credit application process
- Conducts physical verification and call reports on SME Tier 2 customers so as to assist Enterprise Direct in the credit application process.
- LEGISLATIVE COMPLIANCE & GOVERNANCE
- Complies to the following:
- Regulations and legislation that specify the identification of customers and related record keeping.
- All applicable local legislative requirements in terms of credit granting, consumer engagement, customer treatment and corporate governance.
- All internal risk related policies and guidelines.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Diploma in relevant Business and Sales field
- 3-4 years sales experience
- Proven successful track record in sales and service across Personal and Business Banking.
- Extensive branch and bank product knowledge.
- Previous experience within the Personal banking environment and /or Business Banking
- Customer Understanding
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, Prompting conversations to derive information that can be passed on as a lead to a business banker
- Applies concepts without requiring supervision, able to provide technical guidance when required
- Product Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of the features, benefits and pricing of the products and services on offer to personal banking
- Application and Submission Verification – The ability to verify, scrutinise and assess account application submissions received
- Account opening and maintenance
- Understands and applies account application and submission processes and related activities.
- Product Related Systems
- The understanding of how product applications are captured on systems and the inputs required and outputs received from the systems for customers.
- Customer Acceptance and Review
- The ability to assess if the client qualifies to receive the services applied for based on established parameters and criteria for personal customers.
- Degree of original thought required to solve problems – Differing situations within boundaries of experience
- The job holder will be required to interpret the problems logically with a thorough understanding of the Client Service teams’ processes and procedures – providing solutions that are appropriate for the client and the Bank by application of bank processes, procedures, products and compliance requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za