The Regional Office for Eastern Africa is based in Nairobi, Kenya and it supports partner organizations and programmes at both national and regional level in the four countries.
The organisation target small scale farmers and the main activities concentrate around Sustainable Land Use Systems, Agroforestry, Soil & Water Conservation, Food Security and Income Generation.
The Regional Office for Eastern Africa wishes to recruit for the position of Programme Advisor – Monitoring and Evaluation / Geographical Information System who reports to the Programme Director.
The purpose of the position is to provide guidance on the overall M&E system and implementation processes and related activities to both the programme and partners, and ensure timely and relevant information is availed to the programme management, partners and other stakeholders.
The individual will also manage mapping activities by providing GIS support, data collection and data analysis processes and facilitation of knowledge building, management and sharing aspects.
He/she will have the overall responsibility for planning, co-ordinating and organising all M&E and GIS related work.
The key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure an effective M&E system for the organisation
- Lead and guide regular monitoring activities
- Manage external evaluations and assessments
- Manage reporting processes for monitoring and evaluation
- Support capacity building processes for monitoring and evaluation
- Manage and coordinate data and information collection and analysis
- Provide GIS support to the organisation
- Manage data and information building and storage
- Promote knowledge and information sharing and learning
- Ensure that all service provider contracts include specifications for monitoring activities.
- Provide management with relevant M&E information that they may require to support programme management, in collaboration with respective departments.
The candidate we are looking for should be a holder of BSc in Geographical Information System, Statistics, or Natural resource management with specialization in mathematics or statistics. MSc in the same fields will be an added advantage.
The person should have at least 5 years’ experience in M&E and data processing, analysis and mapping, work experience in use of statistical and mapping software packages (e.g. SPSS/ArcGIS etc).
In addition the individual should possess high level experience working with GIS and GPS on a technical level, knowledge in remote sensing using IDRISI, ArcGIS and Spatial analyst, and
experience in database design and management.
Application letter indicating a brief statement why you qualify for the job, accompanied with a detailed CV and names of at least three (3) professional referees, daytime telephone contact, and current and expected monthly remunerations (monthly gross salary and cash benefits) to reach the address below before the close of business on Friday, 17th February 2012. (Please do not
attach certificates and testimonials at this point).
Executive Selection, Strategic Dimensions Limited
Management and Development Consultants
Only short listed candidates will be contacted