Xavier Project Assistant Education Officer Job in Kenya (60K) 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Xavier Project Assistant Education Officer Job in Kenya (60K) 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Vacancy: Education Assistant Officer
Starting Gross Salary: KES 50,000 – 60,000
Xavier Project has been working in Kenya and Uganda for last 10 years offering education opportunities to refugees of all- ages.
Our mission is to ensure that refugees are able to lead safe and fulfilled lives, whatever their background and we believe education is the best tool to achieve this.
Xavier Project is primarily an education focused NGO, and while we have media and livelihoods programmes educational interventions make up the core of our activities within these programmes.
Xavier Project is registered as a local NGO in Uganda, an international NGO in Kenya and a company and charity in UK.
All operations are in Kenya and Uganda, but a majority of funds are raised in UK. We have a three way partnership agreement between the branches of Xavier Project and one executive team primarily based in the Xavier Project headquarters in Nairobi.
Job Description and Expectations
Xavier Project is partnering with UNHCR to provide access to education to over 2000 refugees in Nairobi and its environs, Nakuru and Mombasa Counties.
Through this partnership, we hope to provide access to education to over 200 Secondary students through the secondary school sponsorship program.
The Assistant Education Officer will play a key role in ensuring that secondary students have optimal access to education.
Xavier Project is looking for an Assistant Education Officer who will:
- Assist in identification of potential beneficiaries.
- Assist in conducting School and home monitoring visits for students supported under the secondary school sponsorship program
- Assist in organizing student events such as Youth camps, Education days and parents meeting among others.
- Assist in writing status update reports for secondary students and monthly reports.
- Assist to recruit and conduct interviews during the scholarship recruitment process.
- Assist in the data management of supported students
- Preform any other duty as required.
The Assistant Education Officer will work closely with the Secondary Education Officer and Education Specialist to develop good working practice.
The candidate MUST demonstrate how they are able to creatively contribute to the overall growth of Xavier project.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in education or other relevant fields
- At least 1 to 3 years working in child related environment; especially with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Good understanding of the Kenyan education sector.
- Excellent Communication skills in English (both written and oral)
- Ability to use Ms Office
- Ability to work perceptively with refugee or marginalized communities.
- Ability to conduct monitoring and evaluation
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work with people from different back grounds
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
Expectations of Xavier Project
The Xavier Project is a tight community and strong support network is offered to all members. We are diverse, representing seven nationalities.
Xavier Project is committed to ensuring that all staff members enjoy their work and gain valuable experience and skills that will enhance their impact now and in the future. As such as we run regular staff capacity building programmes and we encourage all staff members to pursue opportunities which will help them to grow individually.
Method of Application
Candidates interested in applying for this job should send their CV with names and contact details of 2 referees and responses to the questions below in place of a cover letter to email@example.com.
- In the face of shrinking foreign aid, there is need for models that will ensure access to education for refugees and other vulnerable communities is sustained.
- In your opinion what approaches can be applied to that end?
- Explain in detail a time when you took an innovative approach to solving a problem.
- What would you consider as a significant career accomplishment?
Applicants are urged to apply as soon as they can and not wait until the 14th June 2019 deadline.
Candidates should use email title: KENYA ASSISTANT EDUCATION OFFICER.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Xavier Project is an equal opportunity employer and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, origin, gender or disability.