Aga Khan Hospital Laboratory Technologist Job in Kisumu, Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Aga Khan Hospital Laboratory Technologist Job in Kisumu, Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at an advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
We seek to recruit a professional for the following vacant position:
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintain records as per the AKHK laboratory policy.
- Receive accession, process specimens and release patients results as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration and quality control.
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Select, bleed donors, and prepare blood and blood products for transfusion as per laboratory procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
- Experience of working in Histology and Cytology sections is a must and preference would be given to such candidates.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae including names and contact information of three references, current and expected remuneration, quoting the position applied for on the subject line, to email@example.com on or before 10th January, 2020.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Competitive compensation package will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”