Agricultural Specialist at U.S. Embassy to Kenya
Career Kenya: Agricultural Specialist at U.S. Embassy to Kenya
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The Agricultural Specialist (mid-level specialist) is responsible for representing the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Malawi.
The incumbent monitors, analyzes, and prepares highly specialized reports on agricultural, marketing and trade policy developments for assigned agricultural commodities.
Responsibilities also include working with U.S. and host country government agencies and industries to resolve trade complaints, issues of non-compliance with host country import regulations, and administering market development programs.
The incumbent develops and maintains key professional and social relationships (mid-to-high levels) to exchange information and gain cooperation on substantive trade and agricultural policy matters.
- Education Bachelors Degree In Agricultural EconomicsBachelors Degree In Agricultural Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Food and Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture, Agribusiness, or International Trade.
More Details on Experience
Minimum five years of work experience in one or more fields of agricultural economics, agricultural policy, commodity trade, and marketing analysis/research that includes extensive analysis and report writing on complex subjects.
More Details on Skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to create documents and spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, and develop presentations.
- Use of FAS specialized software and data analysis programs.
- Must be knowledgeable in analyzing agricultural production, global agricultural trade concepts, and economic supply/demand concepts.
- Required to analyze and apply complex statistical data and maintain data sets for accurate commodity and trade reporting. Drafts highly specialized reports on markets and trade policy,
- Must have excellent time management skills to cope with the diversity of work and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with government, public, and private individuals to obtain information and resolve trade issues.
Terms And Conditions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.