APHRC Data Analyst Job in Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: APHRC Data Analyst Job in Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit a Data Analyst to work within its Population Dynamics, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Unit.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development, review and translation of research tools;
- Participate in the pre-testing of data collection platforms;
- Data cleaning including conducting all the required consistency checks for project data;
- Document project data sets according to the Center’s guidelines on data documentation, archiving and sharing;
- Extract data and prepare analytical files;
- Develop template syntax files for research staff to use in creating various data sets;
- Perform basic and advanced statistical analysis of data;
- Assist in training other staff members on data analysis;
- Participate in scientific writing;
- Write technical reports on data issues; and
- Participate in proposal development and review.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Master’s degree in statistics or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in high level quantitative skills -managing, analyzing and interpreting data- such as multivariate and multilevel/ longitudinal analysis, preferably with STATA;
- Proficiency in MS Office; and
- Experience using Open Data Kit (ODK) software and Nesstar is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Data Analyst’ by December 03, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children