Area Sales Manager at Savannah Brands 2020
Career Kenya: Area Sales Manager at Savannah Brands 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
At Savannah Brands we want to use the awesome produce in Africa to create authentic food and beverage products that embody Africa’s restlessly independent spirit. We want to do what big companies can’t do; be agile, nimble, get innovations to market quickly.
The sales and brand ambassador is accountable for the growth of our beverage and snack brands in bars, restaurants, hotels and cafes. Helping to define and execute how we grow the Savannah Brands portfolio through customer engagement and new customer acquisition in the On Trade.
- Account Management:
- Define and execute on customer contracts.
- Own the timely distribution of products to ensure minimum out of stocks.
- Optimise sales in account through:
- Maximising visibility in bar/ restaurant/ hotel – through placement, brand point of sale et-Activations – including sampling, influencer engagement etc.
- Ensuring availability of the product – Checking out of stock of product portfolio and generating re-orders.
- Pricing – Reporting on pricing and ensuring correct RRP is displayed.
- Competition – reporting back on activations from competition and share recommendations on how to optimise.
- Relationship Building – Building relationships with the bar managers.
- Learnings – Sharing recommendations on how to improve sales growth at bar level and beyond.
- Quality & Quantity bar visits.
- Ensuring all bar visits are well documented.
- Define and execute a promotion plan for key accounts including Alchemist, Brew Bistro and J’s Fresh Bar and Kitchen.
- Develop point of sale items with local agencies in alignment with Director.
- New Distribution:
- Identify and lock relevant new accounts for the product range.
- Build relationships with new accounts.
- Own and deliver on the growth targets for the month.
- Activations/ Events:
- Define an annual events and activation schedule for the year.
- Book key events in alignment with Director for the year.
- Run the monthly product activations in-store and at events including managing the set-up, the promoters, engaging consumers and amplifying each activation online.
- Engage and entertain influencers at key events.
- Amplify activations through social media.
- Social Media & Digital Plan:
- Work with Director on annual social media strategy.
- Outline monthly content plan by channel by brand to be signed off by director.
- Leverage existing content or create additional content (videos, images, insta stories) for brand channels.
- Manage defined budget for boosting by month by brand to optimise marketing KPIs.
- Develop and execute one competition per brand on a monthly basis to drive engagement.
- Amplify existing activations in trade through social media e.g. sampling activations, bar events.
- Develop mini digital campaigns pre, during and post events to best amplify and engage our audience.
- Budget Management:
- Own an activation budget monthly.
- Report monthly on spend vs. plan.
- Digital Execution.
- At least 3 years experience in key account management and relationship management.
- Background in area sales management for beverages or FMCG is preferable.
- Independent, Hustler, Results Driven, extrovert personality.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Demonstrate a love for the brand and a willingness to contribute to the company’s growth.