Assistant- Corporate Governance at Safal Group 2020
Career Kenya: Assistant- Corporate Governance at Safal Group 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Grou…
Main purpose of the position: Assistant to the Group Governance Officer.
Reporting in to this position (designation and level)
- Routine/Direct: None
- Functional/Indirect: All Safal Group Companies on Governance Matters
- Group Governance Office compliance letter review and analysis. Ensure feedback to Business Heads is provided before Board meetings. Prepare report for the same to the Group Audit Committee (GAC).
- Preparation of corporate governance training material and follow up with team to ensure material is ready before training.
- Review of Board papers, minutes and tracking matters arising.
- Analysis of Business review papers and budgets.
- Review of policies, guidelines and frameworks.
- Assisting in review and updating of Directorships lists and appointment letters.
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation to board of directors, committees, and executives.
- Administration support- Drafting of communication / speeches.
- Presentations required from the Governance Office are prepared in good time.
- Review of KAM papers and preparation of representation of the Group interests in assigned Committees.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Helping prepare for meetings.
KEY SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
- Qualifications as an added advantage: MBA Governance qualifications
- Professional registration: None
- General work experience (years): Over 3 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): Over 5 years
- Industry: Over 3 years
Key competencies and skills:
- Ability to understand governance matters and communicate the same to various companies.
- The detail for preparing for Board meetings, other meetings, trainings including conducting research and preparing presentations.
- Language requirements: Good written English
- Computer literacy: Proficiency in Microsoft products for communication and presentations.