Assistant Facilities Manager Job in Somalia 2019
Career Kenya: Assistant Facilities Manager Job in Somalia 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Title: Assistant Facilities Manager
- Coordinate and administer all maintenance contracts, including the building alarm and CCTV system, all building maintenance, gardeners and contract cleaners etc.
- Maintain office machinery, providing minor fixes & ensure that lighting, power, heating and water supplies are always functioning correctly throughout the buildings
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Assist the EHS manager with periodical site checks to ensure compliance
- Build positive working relationships with all contractors and suppliers, understand the services they provide and the payments that are made
- Arrange regular meetings with major suppliers & carry out reviews to ensure SLAs are maintained
- Be the point of contact for any maintenance related issues & provide input to the facilities budget and invoices
- Maintain and update facilities log & assist the Facilities Manager in acquiring project quotes and contract/tender negotiations.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or Bachelors degree in Project Management
- 5 years in cleaning and accommodation management services in Real Estate or Hospitality
- 3 years in Project/Facilities Management of contracts in Real Estate or Hospitality
- working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- experience in maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- supervisory experience
- solid computer and systems knowledge
Knowledge / Skill:
- Customer focused with proven background in managing third party service agreements
- Competent with tools to perform minor internal fixes and landscape maintenance.
- Confident user of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and in-house systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates initiative and able to work with little supervision
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30 November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted