Bancassurance Relationship Officer at ABC Bank 2019
Career Kenya: Bancassurance Relationship Officer at ABC Bank 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
ABC Bank is a leading commercial bank that has been in existence for the last 35 years. The Bank is seeking to recruit a dynamic, creative, self-driven and highly motivated experienced professional with a good Knowledge of the principles and practices of Bancassurance, keen, aware of market patterns and with a genuine interest of the Insurance Industry.
As a Bancassurance Relationship Officer, the incumbent will be charged with the responsibility of establishing and driving Bancassurance as a business line. In addition, the role holder will spearhead the growth of Bancassurance business across the Bank channels through supporting delivery channels, develop operating standards and grow revenues for this line of business.
REPORTING TO: MANAGER – BANCASSURANCE
- Drive growth in Bancassurance business across and outside the bank channels-New Business and Cross sells
- Execution of day to day Insurance operations at Branch level which entails New business development and cross-selling of insurance products, claims administration and documentation
- Timely follow-up on renewals to ensure business retentions that would otherwise lead to income leakages.
- Develop good working relationships with various Bank departments, working closely with branches, Relationship managers & Credit analysts to generate insurance business and leads through their customers.
- Ensure customer inquiries are resolved promptly as per laid down policies and procedures.
- Champion Insurance products training at the Branch level to sensitize both Staff and customers on insurance
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal procedures in regard to bancassurance business.
- Ensure all collaterals and assets that have the Bank`s interest are properly and comprehensively insured and the
Bank’s interest properly noted.
- Ensuring that debt level is managed proactively and maintained minimally, and in line with laid down Credit policies and guidelines
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge Experience & Key Competencies
- University Degree preferably in a business field from a recognized University with at least two years working experience in bancassurance/insurance industry.
- Professional qualification in insurance or good progress in ACII or DIP.
- Experience in Bancassurance processes and procedures will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in any Insurance related field will also be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network and generate new business and cross sells
- Excellent business development and Client Relationship Management skills.
- Exposure to Insurance products in the bank set-up with knowledge of the Bank’s set standards, policies and operating manual, with sound knowledge of bank
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a detailed CV indicating how your experience matches the position requirements and indicate current position, current salary, names and contacts of three referees.
Please send your application on or before 3rd December 2019 on the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position applied for in the application as the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.