BOMA Project IT Internship in Nairobi, Kenya 2021
Career Kenya: BOMA Project IT Internship in Nairobi, Kenya 2021
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Position Title: IT Associate (Internship)
Location: The BOMA Project – Nairobi Office
Contract Term: Six (6) Months with a possibility of becoming a full-time role
Reporting To: IT Manager
1. About BOMA:
The BOMA Project is a fast-growing non-profit in US and a Kenyan NGO that is helping women entrepreneurs 33,000+ and counting to start new businesses in Eastern Africa.
BOMA helps women impacted by climate change start new businesses to earn income, build a better future for themselves and their children, and evolve into respected leaders within their communities.
The IT Intern will be responsible in monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of the organization.
The position holder will also be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
3. Job Summary:
3.1 IT Support:
- Provide End-user support for hardware and software challenges.
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Update existing /create new IT user manuals and training materials for all technology related activities in the organisation.
- System and Network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace parts as required i.e., Laptops, Printers, Tablets etc
- Maintain an updated inventory list of all technology items within BOMA.
- Research new electronic devices and make recommendations for procurement.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Provide maintenance and servicing on all technology assets.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles on MS 365, Salesforce, G-suit.
3.2 Systems Support:
- Assist with creation of reports, dashboards, surveys, jobs and other Salesforce related needs.
- Create, edit and field map surveys created using Taroworks.
4. Required Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Business Systems Engineering, Computer Networking and Hardware, Computer Science Degree or other relevant degree.
2. At least one year of experience performing IT support and maintenance for hardware and software.
3. Experience using Salesforce or electronic data collection platforms, as well as experience servicing laptops, tablets, and mobile phones preferred.
4. Experience in delivery of IT hardware support.
5. Able to identify problems, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
6. Able to multi-task and adhere to project timelines.
7. Strong communication skills; able to express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
8. Strong attention to detail – a candidate who is thorough when performing work
9. Able to demonstrate commitment, flexibility, enthusiasm, and good team skills.
5. How to Apply:
Interested and suitable qualified candidates to submit their application, including Cover Letter, detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
(do not include copies of certificates).
Give details of your current salary and the expectation in this position on the body of your Application Cover Letter.
The subject line of your application should be clearly marked IT Intern.
Applications must be received by 9th March 2021; late applications will not be considered.
BOMA is an equal opportunity employer
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates who fit the requirements will be contacted.