Bookkeeping Job in Kenya 2022
Career Kenya: Bookkeeping Job in Kenya 2022
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Terms of reference for
Women 4 Cancer Early
Detection and Treatment (Women 4 Cancer) is a Kenyan NGO registered in 2012. We
envision a Kenya free of cervical cancer. We are actively involved in cervical
cancer policy advocacy; community education; cervical and breast screening for
prevention and early detection and patient navigation to facilitate access to
Objectives of the
consultant will be responsible for overseeing the bookkeeping function at Women
for Cancer. He or she will assist in administering the implementation of
programs and projects implemented by Women4Cancer and serve as the key liaison
to the organization and its strategic partners on finance-related
matters. This is a
part-time position required only once a week.
Descriptions of the
- Ensure compliance and consistency with the
organization’s policies and procedures.
- Preparation of payments and filing of support
documentation ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to
(accounting documents and records).
- Support in the preparation of organizational
budgets and expenditure monitoring in liaison with the executive board.
- Grants management: Preparation of donor budgets,
donor reports, monitoring of the budget working closely with the program
team and ensure proper closure of projects by ensuring all donor rules and
regulations are adhered to.
- Prepare monthly management reports to be shared
with the executive board.
- Post all expenses to QuickBooks and file all
support documentation following all the accounting standards and
- Management of organization payroll, preparing
statutory deductions and remitting to the relevant authorities.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and other
accounts receivable/working advances.
- Support in the preparation of financial statements
for audit with relevant schedules, responding to auditors and presenting
financials to the board.
- Prepare and update the asset register
Qualifications of the
- A minimum of 5-year experience working for a
- Minimum CPA(K), bachelor’s degree will be an added
- Experience dealing with procurement and grants
- Experience in financially managing donor-funded
- Knowledge of QuickBooks multi-currency accounting
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets,
specifically including complex formulas
- Excellent oral and written English required.
- Must have excellent planning, organization skills
and keen to details.
If interested, send a
proposal to the address below. The proposal must outline the experience,
capacity, and capability to undertake the scope of work. In addition to
providing the proposal, the consultant should also provide:
- The proposed fees
- Detailed Curriculum vitae/profile of the
- Other supporting information is deemed to be
relevant to the ToR
Consultants will be
shortlisted based on experience in handling similar types of
projects/assignments in the NGO sector.
Please submit your
applications via email@example.com. Deadline for
submissions is 15th February